•Chapter 20: Day 20• Part 2

My eyes flicker open, seeing Punz staring at me with a flushed face. I breathe out heavily. I'm alive, it was him all along.

"Are you okay?" He asks, and I smile weakly.

"It was you." I whisper.

"What?" Punz questions, but I just hug him.

He hugs me back, wrapping his arms around my shoulders. We stay like that for a while. Then I pull away, tears falling down my cheeks.

"It was you. The voice was counting down, but I held your hands and-" I ramble, still not having fully caught my breath.

"You're alive." Punz says.

"I'm alive." I repeat quietly.

His eyes meet mine, and we both smile. His forehead leans against mine and he hugs me again. I giggle, hugging him back and pressing my cheek to his chest.

I heard his heart beating, soothing every bit of anxiety in my veins. Not one part of me ever thought it'd be him of all people. Maybe that's because we were already so close, or some other unknown reason.

"Does it bother you?" I ask quietly.

"No, not at all. I've actually liked you for a while. I guess part of me just really doubted it would actually be me." He explained, holding me closer to him, if that was even possible.

"I think I tried to ignore that I felt that way towards you, but.." I say, my voice trailing off.

"But?"

"But I do, I definitely do."

We stand in silence, but finally Punz pulls apart. He looks at me and grabs my hand. I look down, not feeling the tingle. The sign.

"Wanna go somewhere else?" He asks.

"Sure." I say, tilting my head.

"Where do you wanna go?" He responds, and I smile.

"Surprise me." I say.

Punz smiles, leading me inside and through the house. I catch the eyes of Quackity. Suddenly, his behavior from earlier tonight made sense. Everything made sense now.

Eventually, we reached the park. I smile and lean against Punz. He wraps his arm around my shoulders. We stand there, and then feel drops of water on our head.

"Oh of course it starts raining!" I giggle, holding out my hand to catch the drops.

"Yeah. Care to dance?" He says, looking down at me.

I look up at him and nod. Once again, he takes my hand and we easily fall into a slow dance. It's hard to explain how happy I feel. Then he twirled me, and I knew exactly why.

It was cliché honestly. Dancing in the rain, right after something tragic could've happened. Realizing that you both were in love and just refused to admit it to each other.

It was amazing, though. Looking into his eyes and only feeling happy. It's like all of my worries faded away, all because I had him. I wonder if he feels the same.

"Foolish?" Punz says, voice so quiet I barely caught what he said.

"Yes, Punz?" I say.

We stop dancing. Now we just stand, staring into each other's eyes as the rain pours down on us. I couldn't tell if this was good or bad, but no part of me wanted to believe it'd be bad. It was too perfect.

"I love you." He whispers, a soft smile growing on his face.

"I love you too." I mutter under my breath.

The rain doesn't feel cold. Maybe that's because he made me feel so warm, or because I was too distracted. It didn't matter why. All that matters is him.

"Can I kiss you?" He blurts out, and I only smile.

"Please do."

Punz leans down, and our lips lock. The fireworks exploded in my stomach. Butterflies swarmed, and my face flushed with a strong warmth. It felt so wrong when we pulled away.

"What does this make us?" I whisper, leaning my forehead on his chest.

"Whatever you want us to be." Punz says simply.

"Boyfriends. I want us to be boyfriends." I let out, and I know that Punz smiled.

"Then that's exactly what we are."

I look up at him, and he looks down at me. Our lips lock once more as the rain soaks us. Neither of us could care less. We had each other now, and nothing was going to interrupt our moment. It feels so right.

We love each other.