•Chapter 12: Day 12•

I stare blankly at my wall, my phone pinging for the first time today. I look over and sigh. It's from Punz. Not surprising. I reach over, grabbing my phone.

Punz: Foolish please. We can talk this out, come on. I'm sorry

I click my phone off. He can't be sorry and expect me to just forgive him. It's not a small fix, he completely lied to me. I can't just randomly feel better and talk to him again. Another ping, though.

Punz: I know I fucked up but can you at least say something to me?

I ignore it again, because I can't. He hurt me a lot. That's not something I can just get over. Punz is my best friend and I care about him, but I'm not ready yet. Another ping.

Punz: Okay, you don't have to talk to me. But please, if it isn't Quackity..

That's when the first tear rolls down my cheek. I could still die, and if I don't talk to him, he'd never know. I can't bare ignoring him anymore.

Foolish: I'll come over tomorrow and we can talk this out. But leave me alone until then, please.
Punz: Okay

I scan our messages, hoping he'd start typing. Part of me hopes he'll say more, but I know he won't. I told him to leave me alone. That's exactly what he'll do.

Foolish: Just okay?
Punz: You told me to leave you alone.
Punz: Did you mean it?
Foolish: ...
Punz: No?
Foolish: No, I did not mean it

My phone rings, and Punz's contact comes up. I answer but I don't speak. He doesn't either. We both just sit in silence, but we know the other is there.

"Have you ate anything?" Punz asks, voice hoarse and low.

"No." I whisper.

"Please go eat." He says, the same voice coming through the phone.

"You sound sick." I remark, not moving even though he told me to.

"What?" Same voice.

"Your voice."

"Oh. Don't worry about it."

"Punz." It comes out more demanding then I intended.

"I'm sorry."

"Did you smoke?"

The call went silent. All I could hear was Punz's breathing. I lifted my body and headed to the kitchen, staying silent the whole time. I knew Punz wasn't going to be the next to talk.

"Punz, did you smoke?"

"Yes."

The answer was short. However, the sting I felt in my hair wasn't. He broke two promises. Both were bad, but I don't have the energy to be upset about the smoking.

"See you tomorrow." I whisper, hanging up the phone.

I take a deep breath and search for something to eat. No matter how hard I try though, I can't stop thinking about Punz. He never smoked unless he was utterly upset with himself.

With himself, not anyone else. His voice was only ever hoarse right after a smoke too. That meant it had to have been today. Probably when I was ignoring him.

He never smoked because of me unless we had a huge argument. When we have huge arguments, he hates himself. That only left one option that broke my heart.

Punz hated himself for what he did, and I was nothing but upset.