•Chapter 16: Day 16•

I cut up the steak, putting some on a plate for Punz. I hand it to him along with his drink. He smiles, taking both of them and giving me a nod to thank me.

"You look awfully tired." I remark, and he sighs.

"I haven't been able to get much sleep lately." He says.

"No duh, that's what tired means." I say sarcastically.

"Shut up man." He laughs, taking a sip of his water.

Today is kind of a busy day. Once Punz finishes eating, we're going to his house to decorate for the party. He's been acting weird about it though.

"Finish up, we don't have four years to get this done." I tell him, and he looks surprised.

"Huh? Oh, yeah." Punz mumbles.

~~~

I finish sweeping the kitchen, putting up the broom and dustpan. Punz hangs the last string of lights up. We couldn't get LED lights, so we just got Christmas lights.

Half were deep red, and the other half were a deep blue. The blue ones flashed between blue and green. The red ones flashed between red and purple. It was confusing, really.

"What else do we have?" He asks, shifting uncomfortably.

"We need to figure out the food." I say, glancing over him.

"Okay."

"Are you alright?"

"Yeah."

We decide on a few foods, and Punz heads to the store to buy them. My eyes flicker around. I notice the tack board, heading over.

Hbomb, Sam, George, Sapnap, Karl, and Quackity. None of them were the answer. Though, they were all connected. I knew them all from Punz.

The tingle ran up my spine once more. I blink, realizing it finally happened when I wasn't around Punz. Then it happened again.

What the hell? Now it's happening when his name is mentioned? What the fuck is this thing?

~~~

"Give me a second." Punz says, heading down the hall to the bathroom.

"Alright." I mumble.

My eyes flicker back to the tack board. Did I do it wrong? No, I couldn't have, it said to hold their hand. That's not specific.

Then again, it didn't tell me how I'd know either. Maybe I find out on the last day? That's just fucked up, what an anxiety rocket. That can't be allowed.

I look over at the clock. Punz has been in there for almost five minutes, that's weird. He never takes this long. Is it weird that I know that? Oh well.

It happens when you get really close to someone. You spend so much time together, there's a lot you know that most others wouldn't. No matter how weird that thing is.

As time goes by, I get more worried. It's been almost ten minutes. My eyes flicker around, noticing the x mark on his calander. It's on tomorrow, though. I jump, hearing a loud crash from the bathroom.

"Punz?!"