•Chapter 10: Day 10•

I set all of the supplies I bought on the counter. Karl smiles, getting the ones he bought and setting them next to mine. I looked at the flour. It reminded me of last night with Punz.

"You ready?" Karl asks, smiling excitedly.

"Yeah, let's do this!" I giggle.

We both agreed on making quinoa flour cookies. It was probably gonna be a mess, but I don't think either of us cared. We get cookies out of it.

"Can you get the utensils?" Karl asks, washing his hands.

I grab everything we need and set them on the counter. Once I wash my hands, I scoop a cup of Quinoa flour. Karl sets the bowl on the counter and I dump the flour in it.

He goes to preheat the oven, while I put the next ingredient in. Getting a perfect half teaspoon of baking soda was not easy however. Karl put in the eighth of a teaspoon of salt, and I did the half cup of coconut sugar.

"Okay, you add the egg, I'll add the coconut oil and mix." Karl says, beginning to mix the ingredients.

I cracked the egg and let the yolk into the bowl. While Karl was still mixing, he added the third of a cup of coconut oil. He mixed until it was done. Then we added chocolate chips and I mixed it a bit more.

Getting them onto the baking sheet was the most difficult part. They didn't spread, so we just had to put them on as balls. That's what they were when they came out of the oven too.

"We have.. sphere cookies." I laugh, and Karl giggles.

"Cake pops, but not frozen." He says.

I looked up at him, and he pointed to the drawer. I searched through and found sticks. We put them in each of the cookies then stuck them in the freezer.

"We made cake pops! There." I say, doing jazz hands.

"Not the beginning goal, but that's alright." Karl laughed.

I look at my phone. The first line my eyes read was annoying. I slapped my forehead, mumbling about how stupid we both were. Karl gave me a questioning look.

"We were supposed to flatten them a little before putting them in the oven." I sigh.

"Oh my god, we are so stupid." Karl mumbled, staring at the freezer.

"I can't believe we didn't think of that." I groan.

We both looked at each other and burst out laughing. My eyes flickered to the clock, noticing the time. It wasn't late but it was nearing the time I had to leave.

"I should probably get going. I'll stop by later to get some of the cake pops." I say, and he nods.

~~~

I carried the small tub in my hand, the other reached to interlock with Karl's. He giggled and squeezed my hand. I let go, along with him, and headed out the door.

I felt nothing. Absolutely nothing, it was just as empty as all the others. I only had one option left now. Quackity.

I start my car, setting the tub of cake pops in the passenger seat. I drive to Punz's house. The only problem is that I can't get it out of my head.

If it isn't Quackity, I'm dead.