•Chapter 20: Day 20• Part 1

I walk in, my eyes flickering around. There were a lot of people. Mostly guys, but some girls too. They were probably invited by his friends though.

"Foolish!"

I turn around, seeing Drista. My eyebrows raise at her. Is she old enough to be here? How did she even get in?

"Uhm, are you old enough?" I ask, and she just chuckles.

"Nah, I snuck in for the food. Don't tell Punz." She says.

"Of course you did. And don't worry, I won't snitch. You should try the dessert though. I made it."

"I totally will! See you around, Foolish."

I wave to her as she disappears into the crowd. The anxiety in my stomach was bubbling. Today was the last day, and I still hadn't found them.

My eyes found Quackity, and he smirks at me. I give him a questioning look. He walks over, giving me a quick pat on the shoulder.

Then he just walked away. What was that about? He wasn't normally like that. Wait, was he flirting? No way.

~~~

It's 2 pm and I'm standing in the corner of a party, wishing I was at home. Can't I just pass away in my sleep? Why does it have to be like this?

"Hey! Why are you over here all alone?" Drista asks, walking over to me.

"I don't know most of the people here." I mumble.

"Ah, I get you. Have you tried looking for Punz?"

"No. He's probably hanging out with Sapnap and Sam right now. Did you try any of the food?" I ask, and she scoffs.

"Duh. That dessert was awesome by the way. You're a really good baker, Foolish." Drista says, leaning against the wall next to me.

"Thanks, kid."

"I'm not a kid!"

"Sure, whatever you say." I giggle, looking down at the glass of water in my hands.

"There's lemonade in there you know." She says, and I nod.

"I don't want to go in there." I say simply, and she smiles.

"I'll go get it for you. Want some?"

"Sure. Thanks by the way.

"No problem! See you in a second."

~~~

It's really late now. I have no idea the exact time, but it doesn't matter. I still haven't found them. No matter how hard I think, it doesn't make sense.

I look back on the tingle instead. It only happened with Punz, and it started after this whole thing started too. What could it be?

Then every detail clicked in my head. The puzzle put itself together, slowly making more and more sense. Was it really Punz this whole time?

5 minutes

I flinched at the booming voice. All I could do was try, and hope I was right. My eyes flickered around but I couldn't spot him.

I push myself off the wall, slowly making my way through everyone around me. He was nowhere in the living room. I head for the kitchen, sighing.

4 minutes

I make my way all around, and then head towards the rest of the rooms. He was nowhere on the first floor. I make my way back, looking for the stairs, eventually finding them.

3 minutes

I search the upstairs, even the bedrooms. He wasn't anywhere there though. That didn't make any sense! It's his party, he has to be here.

2 minutes

My heart pounds in my chest. I can almost hear it, and that's not an overstatement. My legs refuse to move, and my arms are shaking.

It doesn't make any sense. He isn't anywhere in the house, but he has to be. I rethink all the rooms and it still does nothing. Then I remembered the backyard.

1 minute

I race down the stairs, looking for the door. The wave of people made it so hard to see. If they weren't here I'd be able to tell where I was going.

Finally, my eyes catch on the clear glass. I jump up to try and see if Punz is outside. To no avail, and I just give up. I have to find out on my own. If he's not out there though, I'm fucked.

10

I bump into a random tall guy, cowering at his angry look.

9

Some group of girls block my way, and I race around them.

8

My legs are burning as I sprint to my left to avoid Drista.

7

My heart pounds in my chest once again.

6

My mind is buzzing like fucking crazy.

5

I shove my way through the crowd, reaching the backdoor.

4

I tug at the handle, yanking it open.

3

I slam it shut behind me, racing towards the blonde boy staring at me. It was definitely Punz. Everything was the same as the man I knew, everything was.

2

I stumble, losing my fast pace, but I try to keep going.

1

My hands flies towards his, and my eyes glue shut. I can't tell if I actually grabbed them, but I hope with every bone in my body that I did.

0