•Chapter 15: Day 15•

I sit down on my couch, breathing rapidly. That was everyone. It wasn't any of them at all. Am I going to die now? Is this it? I'm not ready for this to be the end.

"Foolish?" Punz asks, yawning and sitting up.

"It wasn't him." I force out.

"Who do you-"

"I could die Punz!" I yell, letting a tear fall.

"You're not going to. I made a promise, and I'm not breaking it." He said sternly.

I glance at him, leaning my head on his shoulder. He wrapped his arm around me. I felt the tingle again, but I ignored it just like before.

"I'm scared, Punz." I mumble.

"I know, I am too. But you'll be okay, I'm not gonna let you die. What kind of friend would I be if I did?" He whispered, rubbing my arm gently.

"Promise?"

"I promise."

We stayed quiet for a while. The rubbing on my arm was soothing, and eventually I fell asleep. When I woke up there was a plate of grilled chicken on the table.

"When did this-"

"I just made it." Punz chuckled.

I smile at him, taking the plate. The chicken was perfect, much like everything else Punz ever did. Wait, did I just call Punz perfect?

"Thank you." I say, and he calmly took the plate.

"You're welcome." He responded.

~~~

I lean on Punz's shoulder, his head leaned on my own. We were watching some random rom-com movie. I was completely uninterested, but Punz was utterly involved.

"That was so weird." I mumble.

"No it wasn't!" Punz defended, flipping through more movies and shows.

"We have totally different taste."

"Yeah yeah, whatever."

Punz turned on a horror movie this time. That was up neither of our allies, but it was funny afterwards. The whole time we were jumping and yelping.

The credits rolled and Punz burst into a fit of laughter. I joined him, keeping a tight hold on his arm. He was comfortable to lean on. Not in a weird way, though.

"We're such babies, that shouldn't have been that scary." I giggle, and Punz laughs.

"We have sensitive eyes."

We both die laughing at that statement. It didn't even make sense, that wasn't a real reason. But it was funny so it didn't matter.

"Why did I even say that?" Punz laughed.

"I don't know, you idiot. You're the one who said it!" I say, and we both laugh harder.

Once we finally calmed down, it was getting late. Punz stood and headed for the front door. I smile at him, waving a goodbye.

He waves back, grabbing his keys and heading out. The soft click of the door rang through my head. I sigh, the tingle in my spine finally leaving.

As I head for my room, that's all I can think about. It happens all the time. I don't know what it means, but I do know I probably need to figure it out. Then one more though flies through my head.

Why is it only with Punz?