•Chapter 5: Day 05•

Punz pats my head, handing me the McDonald's bag. I reach inside and grab my food before handing the bag back to him. He sits down and gets his own.

"Thanks for buying me lunch." I say, smiling to him.

"No problem, buddy. How did it go with Sam?" Punz responded, turning his attention to his food.

"It wasn't him either." I mumble.

We sit in a thin silence, both on the brink of words, but not wanting to bother the other. Punz ends up speaking first.

"You still have four options." He says, and I smile.

"Yeah, I do." I say.

"Wanna go out to the garden?" Punz asks when we finish eating.

"Yeah, sure! Let's go." I say, and we head to his backyard.

When we reach the garden, I run to the yellow roses. He smiles and picks a Daffodil. Walking over to me, he puts it in my hair. I laugh, grabbing his arm and leaning on him.

I felt a tingle, and looked up at Punz. He was watching the neighbors dogs playing in their yard. I moved away and the tingle left.

"You okay, Foolish?" Punz asks, looking down at me.

"Yeah, I'm okay." I say, walking towards his pool.

The water was a clear blue. I bet he probably cleaned it, because the last time I saw it the pool was a grimy green. Leaves and bugs also no longer infested the top of the water.

"Cleaned your pool, I see." I remarked.

"Oh, yeah. I got bored yesterday and it was the only productive thing I could do." Punz mumbled, and I looked back at him.

A small smile grew on my face, and he instantly knew what I was implying. We both raced inside to get ready to swim. It's been a while since we have, his pool is rarely ever clean.

"Race you!" I say, running for the back door.

Punz sprints after me, and I speed up. He's much faster though. Grabbing the handle, he pulls open the door and races to the pool.

"Oh come on! I hate you." I whine, climbing in after him.

"You're just upset you lost." Punz laughed, splashing water towards me.

I laugh, and we fall into a splash fight. We made into a game. The person who got splashed four times first was out, and the other got a point. You could do anything to avoid getting splashed, but you couldn't leave the pool.

Punz lost by a landslide! Seven against one. I may lose at a lot against him, but when it comes to swimming, I'm the pro. We both have a lot of fun though.

"That was awesome! Not a surprise you lost so much." I laugh, and Punz groans.

"Oh shut up, you swim way more than I do! It wasn't a fair game." He mumbled, and I only laughed more.

"Oh like every other game we've ever played?" I tease.

Punz tackles me into the water, and we both come up laughing our asses off. The tingle was back again. I shove him off of me and try to stop. To no avail.

"Never do that again!" I say, and Punz cackles.

"You're literally laughing, dude!" He replies, wheezing when I splashed him.

"I hate you." I mumble, shaking the water from my face.

"Love you too man." Punz laughed.

I glance up at him, the tingle running up my spine once more.