1 • move in

you were nervous. that much you could tell. hell, anyone who took a good look at you could tell as they walked by. by the way you stood with your head down, gaze focused on your hands as they fiddled at your cuticles. thankfully, everyone else around you was busy unpacking their cars of luggage, telling their parents goodbye and asking the guides around where to go. it was fairly early in the morning but there were still many students here already. you were sure it would be like this all day.

it was move in day at marley university, your dream school. located five hours away from your hometown in the middle of the city. the environment was completely new to you, seeing as you came from a small town, and although you were ecstatic when you got accepted, you couldn't shake the anxiety that came with it.

"y/n! come help with your things!" your father shouts, tearing you from your fixation on your nails.

"sorry! i'm coming." you apologize, doing a quick jog over to him take a box from his hands. you didn't pack much, only what you thought would be absolutely necessary. and if you lacked anything, you were literally in the middle of the city.

"the campus is more beautiful in person than in pictures huh?" your dad asks. "here take this, lokes." he hands a box to your younger brother.

"why isn't jae helping?" he retorts, referring to his twin who was looking at the campus in awe.

"sis, you gotta tell me how to get accepted into here!" jae gushes.

you chuckle and ruffle his hair. "you guys are barely going into your sophomore year. no need to stress yet."

"yeah but with his stupid brains, he's gonna need it." loki scoffs.

"like you're one to talk!"

"alright enough you two! y/n, i think the cart is filled with everything besides what you and loki are carrying so lead the way."

this was it. everything you brought with you was on the cart and a second trip back to the car wasn't necessary therefore, this was close to you saying goodbye. your hands beneath the box shook slightly as you began to trudge forward to building Maria. you were thankful your dorm was only on the second story and you didn't have to wait very long for the elevator to arrive. yes, the building was packed with other students moving in their belongings but you were able to make your way through the crowd. it was obvious that this was the girl's dorm seeing as how most of the students were female.

you approached room 127 and brought your dorm key up to the lock. as you entered, you realized that no one has come yet besides you. you had no idea who your roommates were nor how the rooming situation was gonna be. you did notice that when you first walked in, you were greeted with a small living room area along with a small kitchen. there was a little space that held a small dining table. there was a total of four rooms, two on each side with a jack-and-jill bathroom in between that was shared. you decided to choose the first room on the right and headed inside. the room was small with a twin bed, dresser, and tiny desk in the corner. there was also a small closet. you placed the box you were holding on the desk and turned to face your family.

"it's... cozy." your dad comments.

loki scoffs, "cozy? this room is the size of a prison cell." he points to the small window that gives a good view of the main campus. hopefully your roommates won't hate you for taking the room with a view. "at least you have that."

they begin to help you unload your belongings into your room. you tell them that you will unpack yourself. in all honesty, you didn't want them to leave so soon but you know how long the drive was back home.

"don't get in too much trouble you two. you know i'm only a text away, right?" you tell your brothers as you pull them into a hug.

"yeah, yeah." they both grumble, wiping quickly at their eyes. you hide your giggle, not wanting to embarrass them. you guys were fairly close, despite having different mothers and a three year age gap.