3 • fruity pebbles

you looked at yourself in the bathroom mirror, twisting and turning to see if the scrubs you wore fit. the only downfall of being in the nursing program was the requirement to wear scrubs to class. sure they were comfortable, kinda, but it also made you feel like you were wearing pajamas. the bathroom door swung open and you let out a squeal.

sasha looked at you and blinked. "y/n, i'm about to kiss you right now. you look so cute!"

"um... thanks." you felt your face redden at her words.

"when i get old and grey, i'm only allowing you to be my nurse. cute nurses for me only!"

"sasha, when you're old and grey, i will be too. i might even get ugly and wrinkly." you laugh.

"nonsense! but if you don't mind leaving so i can shower..."

"oh right." you quickly gather up your belongings and leave out the door that connects to your room.

before shutting the door, sasha pokes her head out. "what time will you be done today?"

"hmm, i believe 2."

"do you work?"

"no, i'm off today."

sasha grins. "perfect. i only have one class today and i'm borrowing mikasa's car to go grocery shopping since her and annie will be in class all afternoon. you're coming with."

you wanted to protest because you just wanted to come home and unwind after class. but you also were aware that you had no food in the dorm. in fact, all of you guys had only been surviving on the meals that you could purchase at the dining hall, and truth be told, the meals weren't that great. last night, after your guys successful thrift adventures, you ate dinner there before mikasa dropped you off at work. sasha cried through her meal due to the bland taste.

"yeah that's fine." you smile at her. she does a small fist pump before closing the door. you hear the sound of the water starting, indicating that she is about to shower.

you quickly finish getting ready, realizing how little time you had left to get to class. and there was also the factor that you had no idea where it was. after finishing, you quickly ran out of your dorm, looking at the school map on your phone.

"ok, if i'm here then it should be..."

"y/n!" you looked over in the direction of which your name was being called to see hitch. she was also sporting scrubs and you perked up at the fact that she was more than likely going to the same place you were.

"hitch, good morning! are you...?"

"up, heading there now. you looked a little lost so i'll guide you there." hitch nods her head, as a gesture to follow her.

"i didn't know you were in the nursing program as well."

"well you didn't ask." hitch teases.

"sorry!"

"don't apologize. i was only teasing. besides, it's rare for freshman like us to even get into the program. i took some college courses in high school to help me out. what about you?"

"same, actually. my senior year is all a blur considering how swamped i was in assignments. i don't even think i was able to go to prom or anything like that." you laugh.

"you missed your prom? damn."

you scrunch your nose up. "well, school events such as prom weren't really my thing."

"fair enough. i barely remember mine if i'm being honest."

you continue casual conversation as you approach the classroom. you looked at the clock on the wall and realized that you still had time to spare. walking and talking with hitch sure put you at ease. you enjoyed her company. hitch just gave off this confident yet laid back aura.