18 • can i

"how'd you manage to get perfect marks on our midterms if you were out for a week?!" sasha exclaimed as she slammed down her essay on her desk in her room. she glared down at the big red C+ scribbled on the top of the essay she had written for ackerman's class. she groaned as she slid down in her chair.

you chuckled at her from your laid out position on her bed. mid-october meant midterms which you had flawlessly passed. despite missing a week of both classes and work, your lack of a sleep schedule allowed you get ahead in your studies. "i think you're forgetting that i also don't sleep as much as you do."

"still!" she huffed, sliding down further.

you rolled your eyes before rolling over to lay on your stomach. it was friday afternoon and the two of you were waiting for mikasa and annie to return from grocery shopping to have your weekly movie night. you were glad that the four of you had developed an inseparable bond over the last couple of months. which only strengthened after the kevin situation.

the girl's were very protective over you, especially when you decided to return back to classes and throughout the trial. you were quite shocked that someone had pressed charges on him on your behalf but even more shocked when you met with a handful of other girl's who went through similar or worse experiences from said boy. some had even approached you on campus, crying into your arms in gratefulness after he was charged and ultimately expelled from the school. you, as well as the other girl's, all felt safer.

and through everything, eren was by your side. the two of you haven't developed any further in your relationship but were very much aware of the mutual feelings that were between the two you. it was also very obvious to your newfound group of friends considering the obvious skinship, stolen glances the two of you thought were secretive and practically being attached at the hip.

"i'm lowkey surprised you agreed to movie night tonight." sasha admitted, sitting back up in her chair properly.

you lulled your head over to glance at her, raising an eyebrow. "and why is that?"

"you're just usually with eren most days. kinda miss seeing your pretty face."

you let out a small laugh. "i'm not with him that much."

"yes, you are!" before sasha could continue speaking, the both of you hear annie and mikasa entering the dorm. the sound of their muffled voices and the rustling of the grocery bags sends the two of you up to your feet and out sasha's room. you meet the two of them in the small living room, grabbing a bag from mikasa's hand. she gives you a grateful smile as she heads into the kitchen.

"we picked up some take out." annie announced as she placed the food on the small dining table. "we'll eat after the groceries are put away."

sasha pouted but followed after mikasa to help her put stuff away.

"what movie are we watching today?" mikasa asked, placing the ice cream tub in the freezer.

"i'm feeling like a twilight marathon is long overdue in this dorm." you mused.

annie popped open a can of soda. "agreed."

"i'm down." sasha pulled out just enough plates for the four of you to use and utensils, bringing them to the table.

after you all gathered and piled your plates with the chinese food they brought, you ate in semi silence. until mikasa decided to speak.

"so, y/n..."

"hm?" you hummed, chewing the contents in your mouth.

"how are you and eren?" she gave a sly smirk, noticing your cheeks flush.