11 • study date

"why do you seem so nervous?" sasha asked, eyeing your leg that wouldn't stop bouncing up and down. you were currently waiting for eren's arrival to pick you up. he hadn't told you what the game plan was, just to be ready in thirty minutes. since you had no idea what the two of you were doing, you just dressed in a simple oversized tee and some biker shorts. it was sunday and you really didn't want to dress up so much.

"i'm not." you quickly defended. you jumped a bit as your phone buzzed in your pocket. fishing the device out, you read eren's message that indicated he was there to pick you up. you let out a small sigh and sling your book bag over your shoulder. eren had insisted that you bring it with you. "i'm heading out."

"have fun!" the three girls chorused as you exited the dorm. you make your way out of the dorm building, opting to take the stairs instead of waiting for the elevator. it was only flight so you wouldn't be winded.

you noticed a sleek black mercedes waiting idly by before the window rolled down to reveal eren who threw you a wave. you approached the vehicle and entered, taking in his appearance. eren was dressed in some gray sweats and a oversized black tee. his hair was tied back sloppily into a bun and he worn a pair of sun glasses.

"hi." he greeted, waiting for you to put on your seatbelt before driving.

"jaeger." you said. "what's the move?"

after seeing that your seatbelt was secured, eren began to drive. he hummed, tapping his fingers on the steering wheel. "have you ate?"

"not since this morning." you admitted.

he nodded as he continued to drive. the sun was beginning to set, giving the sky a light pink hue. you decided to turn your attention out the window, watching as buildings and store front lights were a blur past you. the sunset making the scenery that much more enchanting. you'd only been in marley for about a month but with all the school work, classes, and work in general, you haven't gone out much.

"this okay?" eren glanced at you before nodding at the building. he was currently turning into the drive thru line of a mcdonalds.

you nodded eagerly, excited for a chicken nugget fix. eren chuckled at you as he pulled up to the speaker. after being greeted by the worker, he simply ordered a forty piece nugget, two large fries and two large sprites before pulling up to the first window. he completely disregarded your attempts of handing him your debit card as he pulled out his and handed it to the worker at the window.

"at least let me zelle you half." you pouted.

"zelle me and i'll block you." he smirked. he handed you the food and drinks while you scoffed.

"where we going? why couldn't we just eat there?"

"we're going to my place." he simply stated. your eyes practically bulged out of your sockets in shock. the only guys house you've been to was kris and even then you never went into his room.

eren could sense the anxiousness from you and he reached over to flick your forehead. "get your mind out of the gutter. we are simply going to eat ourselves into a food coma and study since you decided to skip hange's class."

"no need for the physical abuse." you grumble and rub at the now sore spot on your forehead. another chuckle escaped his lips as he turned up the stereo and began to drive back his place. you noticed that the drive was no more than a ten minute trip, excluding the pit stop taken at mcdonalds, from the university's campus.

once the two of you arrived at his complex, he parked in his designated spot before helping you carry the food and your backpack. you followed behind him to the lobby of the complex and over to the elevator. you let out a low impressed whistle as you scanned the apartment building. there was no way an unemployed college student could afford this place so you assumed that his dad must be the one paying for it.