13 • i think i like

"you're too close to the camera, dad." you giggled as your dad answered the facetime call. jae and loki were on either side of him. your step mother was going to be on the call as well but working in a law firm, she was always called in.

"can you see my nose hairs?" he joked.

"gross." you heard loki fake gag on the other side of the line.

you just laughed as you propped your phone up on your desk and continued to do some homework. it's been a week since you reconciled with mikasa and annie so naturally, you guys went out and did some roommate bonding. which resulted in you having some assignments pile up but not too much seeing as you were able to catch up due to never sleeping.

you also were able to spend a few days here and there with eren. in fact, you found yourself more at his place than your dorm seeing as you were always able to get some sleep when he was around. a smile played at the corner of your lips.

"ew, what are you smiling about?" jae asked as he peered over your dad's shoulder.

"nothing, just happy to finally talk with you guys." you casually lied.

"pfft. not even, that was your 'i'm in love' smile. what did kris do?" loki asked. he rested his chin on the top of your dad's head.

your smile faltered before falling altogether. your brothers looked at one another before shoving your dad out of the frame and pressing their faces a bit too close to the camera. "what happened? what did that guy do?" jae asked.

"i always knew he was no good." loki added with a grumble.

the overprotectiveness of your younger brothers warmed your heart. even though they were younger, they always felt the need to look after you.

"we broke up about three weeks ago. it's no big deal."

it was now your dad's turn to shove them out of the way. "no big deal? honey, you guys were together for almost five years!"

"i know but listen. it's fine, really. i'm not as sad as i thought i would be." you shrug, scrolling down on your laptop as you looked to see how many assignments you had to do.

"next time he comes into the shop, i'm throwing a scoop at his face." jae stated.

"i'll supply the hot fudge." added the other twin.

you just chuckled and shook your head. your father had run a small ice cream shop in your hometown. you and your brother's would often help out, especially when there was a lack of employees. the homemade waffle cones were always a hit in town.

"and i will throw sprinkles." you add.

as you began to jot some important dates down in your planner, you heard the door of your dorm open and sasha begin to speak.

"eren, leave. she's studying right now." she scolded.

"so?" you could hear the footsteps approaching your room.

"y/n, will you be coming home over the holidays?" your dad asked.

you turned your attention back to your phone as your family looked at you with hopeful eyes. you knew they missed you and you missed them too. but you weren't sure if you wanted to go back so soon. "i-"

you were cut off as the door to your room was opened and eren stepped in, sasha hanging on his arm as she tried to drag him out.

"i tried to stop him." she sighed. she then saw you were on facetime and sent a glare to eren. "see? you ruined her call with her family!"

you shook your head and picked up your phone. "guys, this is roommate and friend sasha." you introduced.

sasha grinned widely as she waved to the camera. "hi!"