8 • distraction

it was friday afternoon and you were sat with sasha on the couch in the living room area of your dorm. the girl had insisted you join her on a shrek movie marathon since they were on netflix and you agreed since you really had nothing better to do. after monday, you hid in your dorm and only left when it was to get food or go to class or work. wednesday, you had skipped hange's class, not wanting to deal with all the heavy tension once more.

further more, mikasa had texted the group chat consisting of you, her, annie and sasha to inform you all that her and annie would be heading home to paradis for the weekend. you didn't know why but in a way you were grateful that you could roam freely around the dorm without suffocation.

sasha was leaned against you with her head on your shoulder as she was entranced by the film. your eyes began to feel a bit heavy but you knew you wouldn't be able to fully fall asleep. sasha's phone rang suddenly causing the both of you to jump. the girl groaned as she sat up right and reached for it where it lay on the coffee table.

"it's connie." she stated as you paused the movie. sasha answered, putting the boy on speaker. "yo, what do you want?"

connie scoffed on the other end. "rude. and here i was about to invite you and y/n to the arcade."

"you're not inviting them, you're telling them to be ready in 10 because they're going." jean muttered but was still audible to the both of you.

"oh right. be ready in 10. bye!" connie hung up leaving you and sasha to look at one another.

you frowned as you got up to head into your room to change. "goodbye comfy sweats."

"just change into some leggings and a hoodie or t-shirt. that's what i'm gonna wear." sasha told you.

you shrugged as you mulled the idea over your head. it was only connie and jean so there was no need to impress anyone. the both of you quickly stumbled into your rooms to get ready, the living room area a mess with blankets and snacks that you had laid out for your movie marathon. hopefully the arcade trip wouldn't be too long so you could continue it.

a knock at the door was heard as you brushed your hair and placed your glasses back on. you've come to wear them more as your contacts only further dried your tired eyes.

"i'll get it!" sasha shouted. the sounds of footsteps and greetings entered the dorm. you chuckled a bit at connie's comment of the messy living room as you finished lacing up your shoes.

after spraying yourself with some perfume, you stepped out of the your room and were met with four guys instead of the two who you believed you were hanging out with. armin smiled and waved at you while eren just stared.

"i thought it was just connie and jean?" you voiced.

"well, eren invited us and suggested we invite you two as well. saying something about you guys being lonely since annie and mikasa were gone." connie explained. "ow!"

the short haired boy glared at eren who had elbowed him in the side. his cheeks redden a bit but you didn't notice as you played with the strings on your hoodie. jean was currently lecturing on sasha on how to behave at the arcade. the last time they went didn't end up so pretty. sasha ate way too much pizza and ended up puking on the dance dance revolution machine. jean and connie had to drag her out as the workers yelled complaints at them.

"if everyone is ready, let's head out." jean announced, twirling his car keys around his fingers.

"shotgun." eren called.

"no fair! you had it on the way here."

"connie, i believe you're forgetting how short you and armin are compared to jean and i. therefore it makes it easier for the four of you to squish together in the back seat of the jeep without us getting pulled over."