Raised By Bobby

Quick A/N! Please read! This chapter is gonna go a bit quick in the timeline because I'm shoving about 6 years of story into one chapter so we can get to the real juicy plot that happens later on. Please have mercy and carry on ("my wayward son, there'll be peace when you are done"). <3

Also, this chapter is so long, I'm truly sorry.

(Narrator POV)
Bobby Singer wasn't surprised often in his life after decades of hunting under his belt and trucker cap, but he was certainly surprised when two young and beaten Winchesters showed up in the Impala one chilly night.

He immediately took the boys in and treated their multiple injuries while trying to get the story.

Sam had been so overwhelmed that he didn't seem to remember much, and Dean kept his lip firmly zipped in front of the younger Winchester.

Once Sam was convinced to go take a shower after the two day car trip (would have been less, but Dean had to take a lot of backroads to avoid being seen by anyone who'd catch onto his age), Dean finally told Bobby the full story over two large pieces of apple pie.

Bobby wasn't typically too violent of a man, but he would have liked to give John Winchester a taste of his own medicine after hearing what happened.

After reliving that whole ordeal and two days driving/staying awake in paranoia, the boy was understandably exhausted and headed straight upstairs to his and Sam's shared room.

The boys slept all night and well into the morning, and by then Bobby had already made a decision.

At first his plan was just to let the boys stay for a few months until he figured out a more secure home for them. Next thing the man knew, he was having his buddy fake some adoption papers and some official name-change forms.

"Boys! Get down here!" The man shouted out to his boys upstairs.

Said boys trotted down the steps to see what the older hunter wanted them for. They wandered into the kitchen where Bobby was sitting at the table and Dean immediately froze while Sam happily plopped down in a chair.

"What's wrong?" Dean asked nervously as he edged closer slowly and wearily looked around the room like a werewolf would jump out of nowhere to attack him.

"Nothin's wrong, kiddo, take a seat." Bobby told him with a bit of a sigh. Dean had been a bit jumpy ever since the night he took Sam and ran.

Truthfully, it upset Bobby. The poor kid deserved some peace, and even after weeks of being apart from John, his nerves were still fried.

Dean did as told and settled into one of the seats at the table, still slightly apprehensive.

"What's goin' on?"

"Boys, I know that you've been havin' a hard time with everything that's been happenin' lately and I want ya to know that I'm not trying to replace anybody or do anything that'd make ya boys uncomfortable-."

"This must be terrible news! Uncle Bobby never rambles!" Sam whispered (quite loudly) to Dean who tried not to smile at his little brother's attempt.

Bobby sighed again with a small smile at his boys before continuing on. "The news ain't terrible, ya idjits (™)! Just listen."

He pulled out the papers for the kids to look at as he explained. "I want you boys to stay with me permanently instead of just for a few months. Now, I know that-."

"Bobby, ya really don't have to do all that for us. You've already done too much."  Dean interjected with a look that said he didn't want anymore hand-outs.