The Bee Tattoo

Warning! Mention of drug use (it's just weed, but I thought I'd still warn you), and underage drinking

Also, Dean looks like season 1 Dean right now.

Oh! And I don't know all of the classes that MIT provides so I'm just kinda winging it because I've found mixed responses online. (;

(Narrator POV)
Dean moved to MIT the fall after graduation and set up his humble abode in a dorm.

His roommate was a guy that just went by Ash. No last name, no full first name (unless Ash wasn't a nickname), just Ash.

Dean actually ended up liking the guy even though he was a bit odd, only liked classic rock, and had a mullet. The guy was also a genius who always (and I do mean always) had weed on him.

He was respectful of Dean's space and stayed on his side of the room while simultaneously not giving a crap if Dean accidentally left something on his 'side'.

It really was a match made in heaven.

Well, depending on your viewpoint.

Ash was also very collaborative in setting up the dorm and helped to make it so they both had the most space possible. The two boys covered most of the cream walls with band posters and they each got a loft bed (black for Dean, brown for Ash) so they could fit furniture beneath. Both had their desks under the beds with desk chairs while they made the area at the foot of Ash's bed a small living area (with beanbags and a tv) and Dean's side a tiny kitchen situation (mini fridge, microwave, and so on).

Dean settled into MIT easier than he thought he would, and had all his classes mapped out in advance (which was something Sam would do, but Dean was nervous so he made an exception). Despite the nerdy aspect of it, it did help him balance a heavy course-load, a job, and regular visits back home.

He was majoring in Mechanical Engineering (specifically Automotive Engineering), and Automotive Mechanics with minors in Mathematics  and Technology (again, specifically Automotive Technology).

There was also a nearby community college that had culinary classes for cheap and so Dean signed up for some of those classes too. He was also picking up some bartending/mixology classes there.

That interest came from the bartender job he managed to get shortly after moving into town (despite not being old enough to drink yet). It became a bit of a passion of his along with mechanics and cooking, so he figured that he should take some classes on it too.

Dean was just heading back to the dorms one evening, when he decided to stop in at a Gas-N-Sip. Baby was getting low on gas and Dean would never say no to a slushee.

He pulled up and filled his tank at the pump, paid, and then moved the car to park in front of the building before going in. He didn't just stay at the pump because there were only two, and he knew himself well enough to know that a 'five minute' trip into a gas station could easily turn into twenty minutes if there was an assortment of pie flavors and they were out of apple.

The young man walked in and got himself a Blue Raspberry slushee before heading over to the pie.

Once he made his selection, he made his way to the cash register to pay and froze in his steps when he saw who was there.