Meaning Of Family

(Narrator POV)
Graduation for Jo, Sam, Meg, and Jess was swiftly approaching as late-spring came the year after Dean and Castiel got Jack.

Both men were now 26 while Claire was 2 and Jack was 1 (birthday in May) so that meant that all the soon to be graduates were 22 (except Jo and Meg. Jo was 21 because she graduated high school early, and Meg had declared it rude to ask a demon's age).

Charlie hadn't been able to find a place that made both her and Jo liked, so they decided to wait to move in together. In the meantime, Jo was going to move back in with Ellen in the apartment above the roadhouse (Ash still lived in, and rarely left the back room), and Charlie was going to live with Cas and Dean for a few months.

Benny moved out of the apartment with Pam, and went to live in the apartment above Devil Horns and Angel Wings. Gabe moved in with Pam in the apartment above her store, after getting rid of his own apartment.

Sam and Jess picked out an apartment to stay in until they could afford a house, and Meg was going to stay with them for awhile.

Rowena and Crowley both had their own mansions (that nobody knew the locations of).

Charlie had started up working for Cas at the flower shop and the market, while Jo resumed her work at the Roadhouse. Meg started working at Dean's bar with Benny, while Sam and Jess had both gotten internships.

Sam had been accepted into a nearby law school and was interning at a law firm called 'Thomas and Yard'. Jess got into a medical school not far from him, and was interning at Sioux Falls General.

It was another segment of busy time for the family, and nobody was too surprised when Sam and Jess wanted to add even more events to their schedule.

A wedding was on the horizon.

(Time Skip)
Dean entered the room Sam was in to find his little brother pacing back and forth.

"You keep pacin' like that, you'll wear a hole in the carpet." Dean paused when Sam froze in his steps. "At least, that's what Mom told me on my wedding day when I was trying to turn pacing into a sport."

Sammy sighed and flopped onto the white couch in the, otherwise sparse, room. "You were nervous too?"

"'Course I was nervous, I was about to take the second biggest leap of my life." Dean said and then elaborated at Sam's confused face. "Dude, kids are way scarier than marriage, in my experience."

"Yeah, I guess I understand that." Sam admitted, but still looked worried.

"Do you love Jess?"

"Well, yeah, obviously."

"Then why are you stressin'?"

Sam took a moment to think over his answer and then took a deep breath which turned into a sigh.

"I've been having these dreams." He started, but didn't get to the next part.

"Oh, boy."

"What?" The younger asked with a slightly offended tone of voice as he looked over at his brother.

"Nothing. It's just that you overthink everything, man. I'm amazed you haven't given yourself an ulcer yet." Dean explained before waving his hand in a 'go on' gesture.

"Whatever, man. I've been having these dreams, and in them Jess dies just like mom did. Fire, ceiling, the whole thing. It's duplicated almost exactly to what happened to Mom."

Dean wasn't really sure how to respond to that. It freaked him out, and he didn't want to say the wrong thing while he was trying to calm himself. Finally, he replied.