A Visit And A Break-In

Warning! Mention of weed, past abuse, past neglect, alcoholism.

Good lord, there's a lot of warnings on this story.
(Narrator POV)
Sam and Dean had spent the night after dinner talking, and Sam had told Dean that he remembered more of their childhood and was proud of his older brother.

The two men had also left the restaurant in time to get burgers together, and then head back to Bobby and Jody's to reunite with their family.

By the time Cas and Dean took the kids home, he was kind of drained in the emotion department.

Still, as they got ready for bed, Dean told Cas all about the dinner and the speech he delivered, and while he felt emotionally spent, he also felt better.

Finally telling John off, and also telling Sam about that night and the rest of their childhood had felt freeing.

When they went to sleep that night, Dean felt lighter than he thought he would.

(Time Skip)
A few days had passed since the dinner  and John, Kate, and Adam were still in town, but Dean and the rest of the family hadn't seen them.

It was a normal couple of days and everyone was just going about their business, when the next interaction occurred.

Dean was at home alone (a rare thing) because Castiel's truck wouldn't start that morning, and so Dean let him take the Impala instead. A shipment was coming in to the market and Cas was the only one scheduled to be there for pickup, so Dean called in to the garage to tell them that he'd be late (he may be one the bosses, but it was still the polite thing to do) and stayed home to work on the truck. 

The kids went with Cas (Claire and Jack heading to school and the Fabulous Four were going to work with Castiel) after they all said goodbye to Dean, and Cas gave him a kiss.

He smiled while waving farewell to them, and then he got to work on the truck.

Awhile later, a noise made him pull his head out from under the hood and look around the side of the vehicle.

Pulling in the driveway was a plain black car with two shaded figures sitting in the front.

The car stopped, and Kate and Adam stepped out with apprehensive looks on their faces. Dean let out a sigh, and then got back to what he was doing.

"How'd you find my address?"

"We looked up what garage you owned, but you weren't there, obviously. One of the other owners was there and he gave us your address." Kate explained, but then seemed to realize something. "Don't be mad at him, we kind of...lied."

"Ash, right?" They nodded. "I'm not mad at him, he was probably baked. He would've told ya my address if you said you were leprechauns coming to deliver my gold." Dean mumbled.

"Uh...I'm not one to judge, but should he really be working at a garage while high?" Adam asked in a concerned voice.

"Don't worry, he's only allowed to use the devil's lettuce when he works behind the counter." Dean finished fixing what was wrong with the truck, so he stood and leaned his hip against the front of it to look at the guests.

Neither of them responded and they both looked kind of nervous. Kate was wearing a dark grey suit jacket, a matching grey skirt, black heels, and a purple shirt. Adam had on black converse, blue jeans, a red shirt, and a grey hoodie.

Dean had on dark jeans, black work boots, and a grey t shirt. His blue flannel and dark grey jacket were taken off inside because it was a surprisingly warm day for fall.

"Is there something you needed?"

The two seemed to hesitate once again before they finally spoke.

"We wanted to get to know you better... and maybe know more about everything that happened if that's alright." Kate said. She seemed to be compassionate, but also somewhat business-like.