The Rich And The Ranting

You could probably skip this chapter since it's just Gabe, Dean, and Cas at the wedding. This is the intro and explanation of all of Castiel's family and some things may be mentioned later on in the story, but it's not key plot or anything.

I also want to say that this chapter has some hating on the rich. I do not hate rich people. I hate people who look down on others for any reason, and the rich people who are getting roasted (not literally) in this chapter are people who look down on the poor.

Also, I'm going to be making Castiel's family, but the way I write these characters does not reflect my opinion of all of them in the show. Some I hate, but some I love. I'm making most of them awful though. I love Lucifer, Gabe, and Balthazar while most of the others I'm indifferent on or I dislike them.

Warning! Drug mention (unspecified), neglect, bad parenting, kleptomania, and so on.

(Narrator POV)
Dean and Cas showed up at the wedding reception (after the ceremony) right on time, and entered while looking nervous. There hadn't been any mingling time at the ceremony, so the reception was going to be a real beast to battle through.

Dean was wearing a black suit with a white dress shirt and black dress shoes. The tie was emerald green to compliment his eyes and all of his jewelry was still on (amulet safely tucked underneath the shirt).

Cas was wearing a black suit with a white dress shirt and black dress shoes, as well. His tie was sapphire blue to match his eyes and he had one of Dean's old bracelets on too (because he hadn't taken it off since stealing it six months ago).

"Alright, let's go mingle with these alien lifeforms." Dean sighed as he adjusted his tie for the 40th time.

"You'll be fine. You've taken down spirits and werewolves before, I think you can handle my family." Castiel reassured.

Dean tilted his head like he wanted to agree, but wasn't certain Castiel's family was any better than various supernatural creatures.

He'd really prefer fighting a nasty coven of witches over chatting with the Angelle family.

"Besides," Cas continued, "their opinion of you means less than nothing to me. I love you, and if they don't, it's only because they're pompous, pretentious, prudish bast- Aunt Naomi! Hello." He cut himself off as he smiled pleasantly to his awful aunt.

Dean really tried to be somewhat pleasant that evening, but it was hard. He found that he spent most of the time trying to just keep his mouth firmly shut.

There were the siblings, which Dean mostly didn't mind too much.

Gabe (the best half brother, 2nd oldest, Castiel's favorite) was, as always, insufferable. He insisted on calling Dean 'Deano' the whole night, even though he knew that the hunter was trying his hardest to be on his best behavior and not snap the little twerp's neck. Otherwise, he was actually somewhat of a saving grace by saying all of the things that Dean really wanted to say.

He may be Dean's favorite.

Michael (the oldest, half brother, their dad's favorite) was a snobby little know-it-all, who seemed to have an obsession with pleasing their father. He was fancy with his taste and insulting to anything 'below' him. A bossy man who Dean found very frustrating.

Definitely the least favorite.

Lucifer (3rd oldest son, half brother) was snarky and sarcastic the whole time. He had a certain devil-may-care attitude and some definite daddy issues while still being charming.

Okay, maybe he was Dean's favorite.

Balthazar (4th oldest, half brother) was flirtatious, and actually ogled Dean until Cas glared at him with enough fury that he could have turned even Medusa to stone. He was pretty funny though, and quite intelligent in his comments even though he was a bit of a prude.