~Chapter 1~

Somewhere, someone was crying. A middle aged woman, to be specific.
This woman wasn't happy, in fact, she was horrified. But what could horrify a woman or a person so much to the point of crying? Nobody would expect the answer: Her own child.
This woman had given birth to a boy eight years ago. But this was not a normal boy.
He was, as she called him. The Devil's Child.
And here is where our story begins...

"M-Mother? Why are you crying? Did I do something wrong?" Asked eight year old Erik Destler, with a bag covering his head. Just two little holes for hime to see where he was going.
"Yes, yes you did something really wrong. You are here alive and you are my child. Why would God punish me like this?! With a child so horrible, so horribly deformed. It is gross, your face is gross. YOU ARE GROSS, I HATE YOU! You aren't my son and you will never be!" The woman said, as tears of anger and sadness ran down her face and her throat.
Little Erik felt so bad, but it wasn't just because his own mother screaming atrocities to him, but because they were true. She wouldn't let him look at the mirror, because she liked to console herself telling him he would break the mirror and throwing insults at him while she beat him.
"Mother, I was thinking that may-maybe we could go to the circus..." Said Erik, he was scared that this wasn't the appropriate moment to ask, but he was really curious.
"The circus, you say?" Asked her mother, trying to fight back the tears.
"Yes, I saw some kids talking about it when I opened my window" he said, now a little less scared
"We will see... What kind of circus is it?" Asked her mother, strangely curious.
"They say it is a Persian circus mother" said Erik shyly
"Go to sleep, we will see tomorrow"

And with that, little Erik went to the attic, his "room". He couldn't sleep. Maybe this was the opportunity to go out and be happy for once!
But then, all of that disappeared in a second. Erik heard his mother talk, and went to see what was happening. Silently, he moved towards the wall and pressed his ear to the wooden door. What he heard... What he heard was something that would change his life forever.
"The circus will probably buy him, he can work or be a slave, I don't care. I will just need to make him believe that we ate going, and then I just lock him in a cage... Yes! It's perfect! I will het rid of him soon..." And she kept making plans, but Erik wasn't there to keep listening.
He ran to his room, tears of not sadness but pure fear were rushing down his face. He packed the little thing he owned and with that, he left.
He kept running faster and faster until his legs couldn't carry him any longer. He didn't knew how far he went. In fact, he just ended up in Paris, very far from his home.
When he finally sited down beneath a tree, he thought were he would live.
"Nobody would give shelter to someone like me... To a... A monster... A monster like me..." He said while tears were running down his cheeks.
But he stopped crying when he noticed something.
It was a large building, with many colorful playbills. "Hannibal" he read out loud.
"Il Muto" said another playbill. Then he read great golden letters that said "Palais Garnier Opera House"
And with that, Erik knew he had found his new home...