- Chapter 17 -

- ERIK'S POV -

I have experience with trying to find people, follow traces and make people spit the truth out (past experiences...you know...) but this one was HARD. Lyrica's kidnapper surely thought that I would try to find a trace or clue.
But he didn't left the slightest...
I know it was Alistair, I'm no fool...but why would he take her? She already scared him to death... Didn't she?

But I'm worried, I have been trying to find Lyrica for the past two days, but I haven't got a clue....

Where could she possibly be?

- LYRICA'S POV -

"Deaaaaar Lyyyyyyricaaaa...."
Alistair is calling me.

Ugh...

Since he kidnapped me, he has tried to act way-too-nicely. And why?

Because he is trying to convince me to marry him.

But that clearly is not going to happen.

"LYRICA WHERE ARE YOUUUU?"

"What do you want bastard?"

Alistair opened my room's door, which consisted of a vanity, bed and closet, and slowly got closer

"What did you just say precious?"

He stared at nee deeply

"What I said, my dearest Alistair was..."

He got closer

"BASTARD!"

I pushed him as hard as I could and ran, not caring of beeing barefoot, and not caring where I was going
I needed to get out.

"ERIK! ERIK!"

I screamed desperately, hoping that Erik would hear me...

I ran down the streets, trying not to slip since it was raining, when I saw a shadowy, and very tall figure

- ERIK'S POV -

My only hope was shattered when I started walking in the streets. It was raining cats and dogs, but that didn't matter....
Nothing mattered anymore....

If Lyrica isn't with me, my world shatters.

Lyrica IS my world, my EVERYTHING!

I kept wandering around...

I felt someone grab me from behind, but this person....embraced me?

"What the actual f... Angel?"

I turned around to meet my Angel.

My Lyrica!

I couldn't believe my eyes.

She was there! In front of me!

She proceeded to tell me everything, which I got even more furious every second.

Suddenly, we heard quick footsteps, followed by a sword being taken out of its guard.

"You..."

There was Alistair, with a wicked grin and a sword, ready to fight.

"Well, time to say goodbye Lyrica, let's head home..." Alistair spat.

In reaponse, Lyrica just laughed.

But before she had time to process what was happening, Alistair had her between him and the sword.

Erik started to panic, took out his sword and pointed it to Alistair.

Then, Alistair made a proposition that made Erik and Lyrica exchange glances.

"Phantom, I challenge you to a sword fight! The winner gets the lady.....what do you say...?"

Erik didn't wait another second, and the swords started colliding, and clinking in unison.

They both got to a large bridge, which was above a deep river.

"Well, Phantom, you know how to fight, don't cha? "

Alistair was coughing blood, since Erik had stabbed him a few times.

They were now at the bridge's edge, Alistair inches from falling to a certain death.

"This time I will kill you Alistair"

Erik pushed Alistair from the bridge, and he fell,

Or that's what Erik thought.

When he turned to face Lyrica, a hand grabbed him from behind.

"YOU THINK YOU CAN GET RID OF ME SO EASILY???? WELL, YOU ARE MISTAKEN!!!"

Lyrica screamed in horror as Alistair started coughing blood and tried to stab Erik

But Erik managed to push Alistair again, but he was grabbing to the bridge's border with one hand.

"Lyrica...I never got why you didn't love me...we would have been the perfect couple...."

Alistair was now drowning in his own blood.

"Oh, Alistair, perfect couples don't exist. The best couples are the ones which find each others imperfections perfect"

"I would have grown accustomed to your face.."

"Erik didn't need to 'grow acustomed ' "

Alistair was going to fire back a response when he slipped, and fell

He fell down and down, until he reached the water.

He sinked, but he never came out for breath.