-Chapter 13-

-ERIK'S POV-
I grabbed my Punjab lasso. I was decided to kill this fop. Lyrica was mine and only mine! Nobody would take her away from me... Never.
I reached one of the trapdoors and climbed the creaky stairs.
But I stopped when I heard voices.
"So, Melanie. Have I already told you that I love your eyes?" Said a voice with the most fake tone I've heard.
"Oooh, Alistair! You are extremely sweet!" Said a voice which I recognized as Melanie's , the ballet rat.
As I slowly peeked through the trapdoor, I could see the talking.
Indeed there were Alistair and Melanie.
That insolent of Alistair...
"Now, my dear Melanie... You don't know any cook or maid called Lyrica that may work in here, do you?"
"Nope. I know everyone in the Opera House, and I've never heard of such a name before"
WHAT?! A COOK OR A SERVANT?! UNACCEPTABLE!, UNTHINKABLE! UNBEARABLE!
This boy will die in seconds when Melanie leaves!
But they kept chit chatting for what seemed hours. And my patience started to run out. But finally, Melanie left.
After kissing Alistair in the cheek, she hurried to the dressing rooms.
But Alistair wiped the kiss off as soon as she left, and whispered something like "fool" or "dumb". I didn't really care, but I'm sure it was an insult.
So he doesn't like Melanie? Mhmmm...
very smart, stupid fop...

When I was sure that we were completely alone, I used a little ventriloquy trick that I learned a long time ago.
I started to whisper softly, and made my voice travel, and quietly fool him.
Alistair... Alistair...
He turned around in surprise, just as I expected.
"Who's there?"
Alistair, go now. Forget that you ever came here. Start a new life before you regret your desition...
He now was facing backwards, and I started to get up slower and slower.
"What do you want from me?! Who the hell is talking?! If this is a joke I will kill the stupid bastard that has made such a bad one! Do you hear me?!"
Suddenly, I smelled a scent which had the odor of... Alcohol...
He was drunk, something that would probably make him more dangerous, because it would be impossible that it made him more stupid...

When I was completely out of the trapdoor, I reached his throat and quickly putted the Punjab lasso in his neck.
For a little revenge, I also started singing.

"Insolent boy, this slave of fashion
basking in your glory
Ignorant fool, this brave young suitor sharing in my triumph"

As I laughed evilly, he faced me with terror and guilt in his eyes.
"I told you to escape while you could..."