-Chapter 8-

-LYRICA'S POV-

The mysterious man that had locked me in this room was surprised.
I can't blame him.
But I have to plan something! If he tells someone about my existence... Or even worse if he reveals that I am a woman.

Then, I slowly noticed that he hadn't removed his mask to face me, which was weird. His clothes were a crimson red with a long cape attached to it. He also had a really creepy skull mask, which I really liked.
"S-Sir?" He hadn't loosen his grip since he first grabbed me, but this time he made eye contact.
"What do you want?" He answered harshly.
"Why do you keep your mask on?"
He immediately glared at me, and with an evil and wide smile he asked me the same.
"And why do YOU keep your mask miss?"
I tried to speak, but nothing would come out of my mouth.
Nobody had ever asked me that, because I never showed myself to anyone. This got me by surprise and I tried to push him away, but he was stringer than me. Much stronger.
I also noticed that he was very thin, which was a reason why I was surprised that he held me with such strength.
"If you won't tell me why you haven't removed your mask, at least tell me your name" he spoke in almost a whisper. And he seemed really calmed.
"If you want to know my name, tell me yours first" I demanded. It wouldn't be easy escaping from him. But I can make sure he dies after this if I manage to remember his name.
"My name is Erik" he spoke, emotionless and coldly.
I decided I should tell him mine, since he didn't seem like someone who would spread the rumor.
"My name is Lyrica, a pleasure to meet you" I said in a sarcastic tone.
"The pleasure is mine" he answered, keeping up the game.
But Erik abruptly changed the topic.
"Why do you fake being the Opera Ghost?" He asked.
I felt weird. Like I needed to tell him everything, and I didn't knew why I felt this way.
"Who says I fake it? I'm the real Opera Ghost. There is another person who is faking it" I answered.
Erik then made eye contact with me.
"No, I am the real Opera Ghost, you started this to gain easy money, didn't you!?"
Erik screamed, but I stayed in calm.
"So we are the two Opera Ghosts?"
I asked.
"Maybe, but I am the real ghost. The one with a mask that hides a horrendous past"
I listened carefully, and decided to speak my mind.
"Ha, you think you've got a horrible past?! I bet you never suffered as much as I did!!! I need this mask to hide a horrible deformity, a face such as mine can't be seen. It would make you faint or puke. It is disgusting..."
I tried to hold back tears, but I couldn't. They started running madly down my cheeks, and every tear burned like acid.
I collapsed into the floor and began to cry harder. And suddenly I heard a soft crying.
"E-Erik?"
I saw Erik crying. Why was he crying?
I stood up, and still crying, I hugged him.
He responded the hug and then told me.
"I have a deformity too"
And with that he started singing.

Have you ever yearned to go
Past the world you think you know?
Been enthralled to the call
Of the beauty underneath?

Have you let it draw you in
Past the place where dreams begin?
Felt the full breathless pull
Of the beauty underneath?

When the dark unfolds its wings
Do you sense the strangest things?
Things no one would ever guess
Things mere words cannot express?

Do you find yourself beguiled
By the dangerous and wild?
Do you feed on the need
For the beauty underneath?

Have you felt your senses surge
And surrendered to the urge?
Have been hooked as you looked at the
At the beauty underneath?

When you stare behind the night
Can you glimpse its primal might?
Might you hunger to possess
Hunger that you can't repress?

It seems so beautiful
So strange yet beautiful
Everything's just as you say

And he's so beautiful
Perhaps too beautiful
What I suspect cannot be
And yet somehow, we both see
The very same way

Is the music in your head
Have you followed where it led?
And been graced with a taste
Of the beauty underneath?

Does it fill your every sense
Is it terribly intense?
Tell me you need it too
Need the beauty underneath

When it lifts its voice and sings
Don't you feel amazing things?
Things you know you can't confess
Things you thirst for nonetheless...

His voice broke again, and he asked me
"Want to see it?"
I just nodded silently.
He grabbed my hand and putted it in his mask. And made me remove it.
Half of his face was covered in things that seemed like scars, and his eyes were an indescribable color.
He faced away from me, like expecting me to scream or to runaway.
But I didn't.
Gently, I took his hand and placed it in my mask. I made him remove it and he saw my deformity.
He started crying harder, and so I did.
He pulled me to his chest as he spoke soft words to my ear.
"Will you stay with me forever, in the Opera House, in my lair, with me. With me forever?"
I would never say an answer in that exact moment. I mean, he is asking me to stay with him forever!
But my heart wanted something, and I knew this was the correct decision.
"Yes"
And with that, he broke the space between us and kissed me in the lips.
"I love you Lyrica" he muttered, as he kissed me with passion.
"I have found happiness with you Erik. I love you"
And they stayed kissing passionately in the masquerade, hiding their bare faces from the world so nobody could find them.