- Chapter 16 -

- ERIK'S POV -
I had never seen something like that.
Never ever.
I was also a monster, but I learned to control my madness and hidden desire to murder the ones I hate a long time ago.
Lyrica was trembling. She realized what she had done, and I knew she was confused on what to feel.
My poor Lyrica.
I hugged her as she collapsed to the ground crying. I knew how it felt.
"Shhhh... Don't cry dear. I know how it feels..."
Lyrica was still crying, but she managed to speak.
"N-no Erik. Y-you a-ren't mad li-like me..."
I felt so bad for her... She was crying so hard that she couldn't even breathe or think straight without bursting into a rage of tears again.

-LYRICA'S POV-
I knew it.
I knew that one day, my "strong girl" cover would blow up. But I never thought it would be this way...
And I never thought that Erik would be watching.
I don't know what to do.
For the first time in years I'm... I'm...
Scared.
Scared and hopeless, helpless.
And the worst thing is that I know that if I stay, he'll come for Erik.
I must escape.
I must leave, for Erik's sake, for our loves sake.
Tonight.

*Le time skip (Erik and Lyrica both have time for themselves, Erik composes and Lyrica decides to go outside to think)*

"What should I do, I don't get it!"
Lyrica was frustrated, but she wouldn't cry anymore.
"Maybe I should escape" I sat down, my back against a tree. And alone in darkness, I started to fall asleep.
Crack!
My senses, very sharp by past experiences, made me stand up in a blink.
I took out my knives and got armed with bravery.
"Who's there?!"
No answer
"I have weapons and I'm very capable of using them!"
A figure emerged from the shadows. It was a he.
Him
Him
HIM!!!!!!!
ALISTAIR!!!!!

But my sharp reflexes were too slow against his. All of a sudden he had a cloth within my mouth and nose.
The last thing I saw was Alistair writing something in a white post card.

-ERIK'S POV-
"WHY CAN'T I COMPOSE A DAMN ORGAN SONG?!?! I HAVE COMPOSED OPERAS, SYMPHONIES AND CONCERTS!!!!!! WHY NOT A DAMN PIANO MUSIC SHEET!!!!"

Agh!!

I stopped bare.
There was someone in my lair. And if he (it sounded like a man's scream) was there, it was for a reason.
I grabbed my punjab and silently crept towards the noise.

To my surprise there wasn't anyone. Anyone but a white envelope on the ground...

My dear Erik, I hate you and I don't want to see you ever again. You are so ugly that I can't even dare to look at you.
Sincerely,
Lyrica.

Oh no. This means Lyrica is in danger! Someone thought I was stupid enough to think that she would send this to me?
Ha.
Point no.1- Lyrica ALWAYS sprays her letters with vanilla scent, this was lilac scent.
Point no.2- She NEVER writes her whole name. She writes O.G, Opera Ghost, or just an elegant 'L'.
Point no.3- She would never call me 'dear', I'm her angel of music and she is mine. We always call each other like that.

So this means someone has done something to her, and they want to keep me away.
Well,
They're about to see that I can let out my inner monster, just as Lyrica, too.

-LYRICA'S POV-
I woke up feeling dizzy, I was about to call Erik and tell him about this strange dream I had about Alistair and...
Oh good grief...
It wasn't a dream, Alistair had kidnapped me!
ME!
WHAT THE HECK DOES HE WANT FROM ME?! (I know that he wants my family fortune but I already scared him
for death with my face, didn't I?)

"My,my,my... Look who has awoken..."
"Alistair let me go, or do you want me to 'play' with my knives again?"
That's when I noticed that I was tied to a chair, strongly.
But that didn't stop me from trying to scare him. It was worth the try.
"I'm afraid, my dear, that I took your precious knives away from you. I knew what you were going to do" His smirk got wider as he spoke.
"And you woke just in time for your dress fitting"
"Wait, what?!"
This sounded odd, TOO odd.
"Yes my dear Lyrica..."
He took out a silver ring with a single onyx on it.

"We're getting married my Lyrica"