Chapter 41

"It's cold. What are you doing?" Walking with a quick steps and umbrella above her head is Lauren who noticed a lady that's sitting down on the floor right in front of her apartment while hugging her knees. She's got boots on her feet that looks quite good but old at the same time. It's thankfully not bad enough for this cold though, well, at least. Covered on her neck is a scarf and yet she still has her hands rubbing her legs back and forth to induce warmth.

It's Camila. Lauren was quite surprise to see her in such state knowing how she dislike winter. The brunette just eyed her intently with no words coming out from her mouth yet as she crouched down to reach on her level. She's got her eyes adamantly staying on her from head to toe. She even noticed how the skin of her knees popped from the holes of her ripped jeans as she crouch down. It is cold, and seeing Lauren wearing those brought her into thoughts that she must be regretting such decisions right now knowing how Lauren gets easily cold too. Camila just burked herself from shaking her head in disapproval before looking her up on the face.

Lauren's the same still. She's got her lips chapped as always and her eyes were greener than the grass. It's just that- Camila couldn't seem to get use by the way Lauren's skin has turned tan. Don't get her wrong, she likes it in both ways no matter what color it is but since she's never seen this or never was used to it, everytime she looked at her, it's like a manslaughter with a beauty that's killing her so much.

Still, there are no any mere of difference. Her flair scent of a flowery spring or whatever soap she uses wafts around her comfortingly just like the old times. I barely see any food in Lauren's house, let alone a bottle of perfume, and yet she smells this good... what power does this deity even possesses under her skin?

A crease formed in between Lauren's brows once she immediately saw her nose, bloody red. She look at Camila worriedly, still expecting for a response that's been forgotten by the brunette who was smitten by her beauty a couple of minutes ago. Noticing that, Camila opened her lips to give a response but nothing came out. Lauren waited still.
Camila's lips were chapped as well and she bite it before speaking with an obvious quiver in her voice; "I said tomorrow" and then she averted gazes, reaching her hand to her face, scratching shyly.

Lauren could almost hear the way she scrape her face. It sounded gauche from the silence that surrounded them and so she quickly replied; "It's 10am"

However, hearing herself saying that... it's a regret to act impulsively. She just dug her nails in her palms, trying hard not to smack her own face by the frustration of saying such things.

Camila on the other hand finally stopped scratching her chin after hearing what she said. Green eyes watched intently as the brunette soon began to stand up with wobbly feet considering how she's been there for quite a while now.

The raven-haired beauty just followed and lend her a hand to which Camila just gratefully took anyway.

"Well, who would even make a rendezvous at seven in the morning, right?" she reminded the other latina with a certain smile that Lauren's never seen before and so her thick brow raised, grinning.

"You're now good at come back lines. Must be learning well from Dmac, huh?" Her brow remained raising with a smile before letting go of Camila's hands after seeing she can stand still now, giggling even.

"Sort of. Where did you go, by the way? I went at your house and no one's there so I went down here in front just so I won't miss" Camila has her brows twitched in somewhat concern and troubles but hearing that, Lauren's heart almost melt. Camila really have such hold in her heart to make them go on an erratic haywire even with just a word.

She remained answering with composure though; "Oh, that... yeah, I just went for a walk. The snow looks nice" with her response, Camila nodded in acknowledgement.