Chapter 42

The skies were dark. Everyone's under an umbrella. Wednesday warmth couldn't slip in from the snows that were sprawled uncontrollably across the roofs, pavement and the bald trees on the streets. All careless of choosing its own spot.

On that morning around eleven, everyone is gone. It feels foreign to see the town rest.

Because that day, it wasn't busy at all.

With a white mist coming out of a loud sigh, Camila knew it'd rain snow badly. It's freezing just as what was expected but this time, it's different. She knew herself that she wouldn't be able to endure this freezing cold but here she is, bringing bottles of mineral water and warm soup in her hand.

On that wednesday... Only few of them have went to the learning mass; Bible study if you can call that even when she couldn't find herself focused to whatever's being said earlier. It's just-- her mind is so unsettled. If Lauren wasn't counted, nothing has consumed her thoughts but her friend, Richard. He didn't arrived that day. It's been two weeks since she last saw him. It's making her worry but at the same time, she wanted to not bring herself any trouble since Richard knows what he's doing anyway.

"Kaki! Kaki! Kaki!" With a desperate tug on her coat, Camila was almost pulled down to the floor by her enthusiastic sister. A small amount of soup trickled against her skin. She grimaced and still her hand which remains holding the hot soup that her sister can't eat yet with the burning feeling it has in her still thin tongue

"Look! It's Lauren!" She exclaimed in excitement. But even with the obvious expressiveness that can be well-heard in her tone, Camila doesn't believe at all and so she remained wiping the soup off of her drenched hand. She just knew it's not Lauren with this freezing temp. The skies were way too dark. It's obvious that it'd snow much worse than how it was since the first day. She was even scolded earlier by the Hamilton's about going home early and wear more cloths because of the winter forecast

"Lauren! Lauren!" When hearing the name being called, Camila looked down to her sister who remained waving with complete mirth in her eyes. She seemed expressive enough with her happiness. Camila just creased her brows in skepticism before facing where her sister looks.

"Hey" and by that getting closer, it's now certain. Lauren's running to them with a wide smile plastered on her rosy lips. She looked more stunning wearing that beam on her face.

"Lauren, I missed you!" welcomed by a hug that Sofia gave, Lauren pat her head and hugged her back before facing Camila who remained standing there; surprised by her presence still.

"What's up? Didn't you hear the news on weather forecast? I think, it's a little dangerous to go outside now just by hearing it"

The older brunette just shrugged, looking away as she thinks of an answer after being stunned by her beauty.

"Lauren! We attend the free learning mass and meet my friends again!" Sofia shook the raven-haired beauty to take her attention and it was then that Camila found the cue to speak.

"Right! And, uh... it's not that dangerous. Don't worry, we're used to it! Just now, Sofia and I played snowball fight to let her soup be edible for her or else she'd be burned by its hotness. I thought we'd catch cold if we get sweaty so we decided to stop and wait for the soup to cool down a little bit instead. Here, Sof. It'd be fine now" it's a ramble that stopped the green eyed latina from speaking to the youngest. Everything's fine though. Lauren just stand up from crouching at Sofia's level and dug her hands deep to the pockets of her warm coat

"Yes, you're used to it, but the road is slippery. What if you guys get involve to a car accident?" Taking her hands off her pocket, she then crossed her arms. That single move alone caused for her lovely scent to waft in the cold air.