thirteen

Aurora

(n.) dawn

☆☆☆☆

Okay, I must say, dinner was top-notch, extravagant, fabulous, marvellous, heavenly, delightful, mind-

"Astrea." I heard Francisco call out my name. 

Turning to look at him, I waited for him to continue.

"Are you okay? You seemed to be lost in your thoughts." he said.

I then realised that I was staring at the wall, lost in my own world, thinking about the deliciousness, and everyone was staring at me. 

I still hadn't talked to all of them. I didn't know anyone else there. 

Of course I knew who they were, the Italian fucking Mafia, but I was yet to know my so-called family. 

"Yeah." I replied to him. "Um, what are your names?" I asked gently. 

Hurt flashed in Roman's eyes, but he masked it up pretty quickly. 

"You don't remember us?" asked a voice to my left, he was the first one who hugged me.

"Of course she doesn't." he mumbled under his breath, loud enough for everyone to hear, answering his own question. His voice was small yet broken and hurt. 

'Should I remember them? The ones who sold me?' I thought bitterly in my head.

But I know better than making judgements. All I know is that I was sold, but I don't know by whom.

It could be them or there could be an entirely different story.

Papa always said that one should look at both sides of a coin before flipping it. 

You never know whom the coin belongs to and whether that coin is genuine or not. I choose head and the other chooses tail, but what if the coin flipped has tail on both sides? 

It's hard to explain, but I have been in such a situation. It may be just for fun, but it did teach me a lot.

Adrian and Ivan were fighting on who would call the shotgun so, Ivan decided to flip a coin. 

But, what Adrian didn't know what that Ivan had stuck two coins together, with tail facing up on both the ends, so there was no chance for Adrian to win. 

Just like that, I have to be careful here.

They can be wolves in sheep's clothing. 

Isn't that what I am doing right now?

It is not difficult to find out who sold me. I have my men in the Chinese Mafia and they can easily help me. 

But, I never wanted to know. I wanted to begin an entirely different chapter of my life, with papa and my brothers.