Prologue

Love Grows Where His Camila Goes is a story about celebrating life despite all the challenges life throws at us.

Prologue

Camila’s POV

Fairy tales.

People were in love with the idea of fairy tales. Princesses with their happy-ever-after always sounded so perfect. The productions always fed me with lies.

I have always had a fairy tale love story in my head since I was a little girl, and that was how I grew up thinking love should be. I had a dream about a prince coming up behind me on white horses, and we rode out into the sunset together.

We think that no matter what challenges we face, love will keep us together, and that nothing will be able to tear us apart because love is sufficient.

The issue is that I forget two small words, “fairy tale” and cling to the other two words, “love story”. I set myself up for disappointment in love when I forget the fairy tale portion of the statement.

A fairy tale is defined as a children’s story about magical and imaginative beings and realms. They are not true, to put it bluntly.

Fairy tale love stories tend to break my heart. Unfortunately, I did not realize until it was too late. Because of fairy tale love stories, I wasted many years hoping for an impossible romance to fulfill my romantic fantasies.

Real-life love stories are full of depth that fairy tales cannot duplicate. This is the beauty of love in real life. I can experience the power of prayer, grace, forgiveness and so much more. And, I can also have the ability to experience the reckless and unforgivable pressure of pain. It will mark on you, that it will never fade until you decide to.

Fairy tale love stories are fun and can inspire us to continue pursuing our love in real life, but we cannot base real-life love on what we have learned through fairy tales.

Akala ko noon ang buhay ay maayos, at may magandang hangganan. Akala ko noon, tulad ng mga prinsesang iyon, mayroon din akong prinsipeng sasama sa akin hanggang sa magandang wakas.

I don’t mean to be so tense, but my heart has been broken on several occasions. By a couple of gentlemen who did their best to treat me well but had to leave. That was the best lesson I have learned from experience. People will come but they will eventually go. It is either you accept the fact that they had to leave, and swallow the pain or swim on the endless river of pain behind it.

Marahan kong inilapag ang buhat kong sanggol sa kaniyang higaan. Nakangiti ako habang nakatingin nang deretso sa mga mata ni Camile. Natutuwa akong pagmasdan ang pagkakahawig niya sa akin.

Ngunit, ang mga mata niya lamang ang hindi nito namana sa akin.

Lumawak naman ang aking mga ngiti nang lumipat ang musika sa paborito kong kanta. Hindi ko maitatangging nagustuhan ko nang sobra ang kanta iyon nang dahil sa ama ni Camile. Siya ang nagpakilala sa akin ng kantang iyon.

Ang kantang “Love Grows” na likha ng bandang Edison Lighthouse.

Magandang pakinggan, at sabayan ang kantang iyon lalo na kung pinabagal na bersyon ang iyong ipatutugtog. Nakakatuwa dahil naalala ko si Var sa kantang iyon. Napatingin ako sa pintuan ng kuwarto nang magbukas iyon. Ni-hindi ako nakarinig ng pagkatok mula sa taong papasok na sa aking silid.

“I am sorry about failing to knock on your door,” He immediately apologized as he stepped into my room.

I just smiled as a response to him. When my infant had fallen asleep, he managed to refrain from knocking on my door. That is what he always did, to ensure my kid slept soundly every night. I vibed with the song, but quietly. I remained silent after that, but the song was still playing. I still couldn’t forget those good old days when the night was still young.