24

24

Camila's POV

Before bringing the training session to an end close, the coach gave an announcement. Instantaneously, Denise made her way towards me, and she even mirrored my walk as she approached. It is immediately evident that she is concerned about me.

"Mainit ka, Cams, ah?" natatawang saad ni Denise, isa rin itong halimaw sa pag–se–set kapag nakakalaro ko.

Denise served as the setter for the national team of the Youth U16 Girls, which participated in the 2018 Asian Youth Girls U16 Championships and earned second place. During the 2016 Palarong Pambansa National Capital Region Girls Secondary Division, she was a member of the team.

She was an athlete on the University of Santo Tomas volleyball team from 2016 to 2019. She was a participant in the Santo Tomas teams that won the UAAP Volleyball Championships during her time as a student at the university.

Since 2017, she has also been a member of the Beach Volleyball Republic, where she plays beach volleyball.

Nagagawa niya ang back set, at paminsan–minsan ay iyong drop ball kaya nakakapuntos ang kupunan na kinasasamahan niya.

When it comes to tournaments, she will never cease to be an outstanding participant. As a result of her expertise in setting, she was able to assist the spikers inside their team in scoring points.

Umiling naman ako bilang tugon. I shifted my attention to the corridor. "Maybe, that was my perfectionist side, earlier,"

Malapit na ang competition, kaya hindi dapat maging magulo ang maging kalalabasan ng practice namin. Kanina lang din nang nalaman kong champion ang Ateneo noong nakaraang season, hindi naman puwedeng hindi kami bumawi. Mas malakas ang Ateneo noong mga nakaraan, kaya kung gusto naming manalo, dapat ipursigi naming.

Champion ang Ateneo noong nakaraang season kaya malamang ay nasa kanila ang pressure ngayon. Paniguradong ma-te-tense sila sa loob ng court dahil may baguhan sa kalaban. Sigurado akong sa ibang team ay mayroon ding mga bagong salta.

Women's volleyball at the University of Santo Tomas is handled by the UST Golden Tigresses, which is the university's intercollegiate women's volleyball program. 1938 was the year that the University Athletic Association of the Philippines established the organization, which was also the year that the sport was first played.

After Far Eastern University, the Tigresses have won a total of 29 championships, making them the second-most successful team in the league with 16 consecutive victories.

They should have faith that we will win this current season because we are the UST Golden Tigresses, and we are the team to beat!

"Take it easy, Cams. We need you on the team, you should rest," Denise remarked while lightly patting slightly on my right shoulder. Nagsimula siyang maglakad papunta sa kotse niya. Narinig ko agad yung pagpapa-andar niya sa makina. Ganoon din ako, naglakad na rin ako papunta sa kotse ko.

I have been hearing "We need you on our team," for consecutive times. Walang palya ang magre-remind nila sa akin na kailangang kailangan nila ako sa team. I have been feeling the pressure that I am required to be in good health and strong enough to compete, and it felt like it was sitting in my chest.

"Alis na ako! Ingat ka!" aniya bago nagmaneho palabas ng aming unibersidad.

Pumasok ako sa kotse, saka sumandal sa driver's seat. Pinahinga ko ang aking sarili, nagawa ko pang ipikit ang mga mata ko saka napabuntong–hininga. Nakaalis na agad si Denise habang ako ay nagawa pang magpahinga sa kotse ko.