22

22

Camila's POV

My skin is no longer irritated by the sun's rays because of the reason that the sun is beginning to set. I am free to take my mind off the tension of choosing the right choice since the air is clear and the breeze is just strong enough to do so.

Compared to previously, my bandmates are now busier than ever. They had all begun their basketball practices in preparation for the UAAP competition that was scheduled to take place this coming Saturday. It had already been a Saturday in the last week of February. In addition, the UAAP will take place in the morning of the Saturday in March.

The University of De La Salle was going to be the host institution for this season. A total of eight institutions that are members of the UAAP would compete against one another in sixteen different sports disciplines to determine who would win the overall championship.

Even though I wanted to ask them to make the correct choice, I did not even bother to call them. I heaved a sigh of relief. "Bakit ba kailangan ko pang pahirapan ang sarili ko sa mga ganitong klaseng bagay..." mahina kong anang.

I found myself in a park by myself. Knowing that we did not have any lessons and it was Saturday, I decided to enjoy the day by wandering about our neighborhood and staying in this park. No children were playing in this area, thus the atmosphere was peaceful.

"Nagpapahangin ka ba?"The voice of a man came to my attention all of a sudden.

Nilingon ko ang pinaggagalingan ng boses na iyon, saka nakita iyong pamilyar na mukha. Umawang ang labi ko nang makitang si Carter iyon, kuya ni Giovanni.

"Hindi, nagpapalipas lang ako," saad ko, seryoso ang aking tono nang magsalita. "Ng sama ng loob," dagdag ko bago mahinang natawa.

Mahina rin siyang natawa saka umupo sa tabi ko. Mayroon kasing bench sa parke kaya doon ko napiling umupo, nakiupo naman itong si Carter sa aking tabi. Nagtaka naman ako sa kung bakit narito siya sa subdivision naming, pero hindi ko pa nagawang itanong iyon.

Tumikhim siya saka tumingala sa asul na kalangitan. "Abala ang kapatid ko, kaya siguro hindi ka niya masasamahan sa ngayon," saad nito, nakatingala sa langit.

He was talking about Giovanni as well. Tumingin pa muna ako sa kaniya saglit bago itaas ang paningin sa asul na kalangitan. Nakakabighani naman itong pagmasdan, hindi rin masakit sa mata.

Huminga ako nang malalim bago sumagot sa kaniya. "Mas gusto kong mapag–isa, mas maganda kung tahimik lang, para wala akong ibang maabala," saad ko.

He went quiet after what I stated. I was a little curious about something, but I kept quiet and I did not even utter a word to start a topic.

"I was with Marianne earlier," I was informed by Carter, who never even glanced in my direction.

As a result of my lack of interest in what he was discussing, I chose not to do so. That Marianne is someone I have no idea who she was.

When he continued, it sparked my interest in the matter. "I took her home, and she was asking questions about you, continuously."

I glanced at him, and suddenly raised a brow. "She was what?" I asked. Pinaningkitan ko siya ng mga mata. "Who's that Marianne? By the way."

Kumunot ang noo niya bago napailing. "How could you not know about her? She's Alvaro's younger sister,"

I formed an o as I heard his answer. "Oh," I smiled. He really made her younger sister curious about me, A small chuckle escaped from my lips. Siya pala yung tinutukoy ni Alvaro noong nakaraan. Kaya naman pala may alam din siya sa akin.