1. Introduction to the story

May 14th 2022, The last show of the Confetti Tour

And here they were, the last almost 11 years had passed so fast. They were the biggest girl band in the world, they were business women and entrepreneurs. Two of them were mothers, one was soon going to be a wife. Life was definitely going fast, almost too fast.

"I can't believe this is our last show" Jade said with a clear sad tone in her voice. "Girls we have talked about it so many times. We need this break, we aren't splitting up, it's just... It's just a pause" the youngest bandmate spoke, trying somehow to cheer her up.

It's possible to say that Jade had always been Little Mix's biggest stan and the remote possibility of them not performing together anymore was really starting to scare and affect her. She couldn't imagine life without her two best friends, actually they were now sisters, more than friends.

Leigh then broke the silence. "Girls I honestly don't even know why we are talking about it. Red Parrot right?" her tone was serious and she looked straight at her two bandmates' eyes.

For any other person those two words wouldn't have meant absolutely nothing, but for them it was instead everything. It was the reason why Leigh and Perrie were so calm. It was the reason why they knew that nothing would have changed.

"Absolutely yes!" Perrie said with a smile remembering the event that led them to pick that silly name for their secret.

"Jade?" Leigh asked as Jade hadn't replied yet.
"Yes Leigh, you know what Red Parrot means to me, it's always a yes! We have already agreed on it."
Then she stopped. She knew that life doesn't always go according to plans. There are so many variables that can change the end result, their end result. And at that moment her bandmates had meaningful and more variables compared to herd in their lives.

"What are you thinking about babe? Perrie asked, noticing the silence. She could see how her fellow Geordie was lost in her thoughts. But she already had an idea about what she was going to say.

"You know, you have children. You have your own families. Perrie you live in another city, I'm just worried about everything. I'm scared that our plan won't work, as life might always get in the way."

She sighed and then continued speaking "Life always gets in the way! Life changes things, gives us new things to focus on, to love, to dedicate our future to and... and then takes them away as if they didn't mean anything to us. Why should life give us those things just to take them away, I don't understand!"

Jade was now almost crying, her voice was shaking, her eyes were watery. And her two bandmates knew perfectly what she was referring to.

"Jade, Do you wanna talk about it?" There was no need to say what it meant, they knew it and they were also conscious of how it was really bothering Jade even though she had been denying it for the last couple of months.

"No Leigh, sorry I don't want to talk about It" Jade replied.

"And have you told Jordan? You know he deserves to know" Perrie then said.
"No I haven't told him, I'm not ready and don't know when I'll be".

The afro haired girl just nodded. They knew that pushing her to talk about it wouldn't work. They just wanted her to know that they were there, no matter what, exactly as they were right beside her during that particular day, when she needed them the most.

Leigh opened her mouth to speak, but Jade immediately stopped her. She knew exactly what her older friend was going to say. "I know what you are going to say babe. And thank you for always being here, even If I have some fears I'm positive that I will always be able to count on you two and you on me. Nothing comes between us right?"

The other two girls smiled. "Nothing comes between us" they repeated together.
"Now my lovely girls It's time to get ready, the last show of the Confetti Tour is waiting for us!" Leigh said laughing.

.....

And at the end of the day nothing came between them, even when the curtains closed and all the lights went down, They always stuck around.

And even when life moved on they had always been as one.

-----------------------

Here I am, this is the first chapter of my first story!

So many things will be explained in the next chapters and new events will happen.

I'm Italian, English isn't my first language so I'm already sorry for any mistakes.

What do you think "Red Parrot means"?
What do you think happened to Jade?
What do you think will happen?

Please like the story and please please comment and share your ideas and thoughts, It's the only way I know if you like the story.

See you soon with the next chapter,
Anna