14.

Hello guys, this is going to be a really sad chapter but it will also keep the story going, have a nice reading ❤️

"Jade, come here!"  
That day was dedicated to their baby.

No matter all the emotional pain they were in, no matter how scared and heartbroken the couple was, their baby was still there; showing that even in the darkest night it's possible to see some light.

After that day, when she poured her heart out to Leigh, Jade felt a strength that she didn't even know she was capable of. During those days she was Jordan's rock; she tried as best as she could to make him laugh, she cooked and ordered his favorite dishes and she also started playing video games with him.

Jordan was the opposite of what you would expect. He was always so calm and relaxed. Not a single tear, a moment of fear or discouragement, not a single episode of anger or desolation. When Jade would look at him, and she did it all the time, it looked like nothing happened, like the diagnosis had not been made. He looked at peace with whatever his destiny was going to be. He didn't even seem bothered by the idea that he was really likely going to miss the birth of their baby.

But as everyone knows, reality is often different from the simple appearance; usually it's way harder and brutal. Jordan was actually heartbroken but was trying with every fiber of his body not to show it. The idea of not being able to hold Jade's hand during labor, knowing that he was going to miss his baby's first steps, the first words, the first day of school and so many more achievements was breaking his heart.

That house was full of many unpronounced words, things that they weren't able to say, things that they were afraid would hurt the other too much. They were living their lives like that, with their hearts shattered, with their chest heavy but with so much love for each other that they went on in this routine of silence. To be honest that house wasn't silent, at the moment it was full of laughter, jokes and lovely words, but that was only the tiniest portion of what the couple was feeling.

Yes, Jordan was mad, he was livid at life. Life always made choices for them and actually made the most important. When he was going to be there, strong and healthy, life took away his twins; and now that his biggest dream was so close to finally becoming reality, he wouldn't have been there to witness it. Yes, he was mad, but he also was aware that there wasn't anything he could do to change it.

His aim at the moment was being there for Jade, he wanted her to be stronger for his departure; she needed to be, she needed to be strong for their baby. She needed to learn how to live without him, no matter how that thought hurt, he knew that one day she would have been alone without him. She needed to be ready.

But that's how things were on the inside, sheltered from the world, hidden from each other. The thing about those two, was that on the outside everything seemed perfectly normal. If paparazzi pictured them, all the captions described the happiest and most in love couple, finally ready to become parents. And from a certain point of view it was like that. The idea of their love being out there in the form of their baby was giving all the strength they needed.

"Yes, here I am", Jade replied, kissing him and taking a seat on the couch. It was a really important day for them, they were finally going to discover the gender of their baby, and to say that they were excited it was an understatement.

Placed in front of them, on the small marble table, there was an envelope that contained the precious information. They didn't plan a party, they didn't invite friends and family. Right there they had all they needed, themselves and their baby who day after day, was growing stronger.

Jordan took the envelope and Jade smiled at him. "Last guess babe". He seemed thinking for a while "I think it's a girl. What about you?" he asked. "I think it's a boy and will look exactly like his dad", she replied, kissing him softly.

Nothing comes between usOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara