13.

That same day, a few hours earlier

"Guys the food is here" Andre exclaimed opening the main door of their house. That day they were spending the afternoon with Leigh's family; all the children were playing cheerfully while the adults were chatting in the kitchen.

But the person standing in front of him wasn't who he expected. It wasn't the delivery guy, ready to give him what they had ordered and leave to finish his shift. It was instead Jade, his wife's bandmate, the girl who kept him all worried for days.

He immediately became serious and concerned; the girl standing on the porch wasn't the Jade he was used to; the one who always smiled, the one who made silly and immature jokes that embarrassed him. She looked broken, she looked distraught and he wasn't used to seeing her in such a state.

Andre immediately pulled her into a tight hug and in that embrace Jade felt all the support she sought  and would have needed in the next weeks and months. She actually thought that she would have needed it for the rest of her life. He stepped back to look her in the eyes and immediately hugged her back. It wasn't the time of questioning and wondering what happened, he just needed her to know that he was there for her.

"Do you want to come inside? There's Leigh, her sisters, Debs and all the kids. The twins will be so happy to see you, they spent all week asking about their aunty Jade", he offered with a smile, but that wasn't clearly enough to cheer her up.

Jade shook her head, "Can I speak to Leigh? Sorry I didn't know where to go" she asked, and Andre nodded immediately "Of course, I'm going to call her. She'll be here in a sec" he said leaving.

Leigh didn't arrive immediately, rather after a few minutes; Jade didn't care though. What was the meaning of time at that point ? Time was one of the reasons she was standing in front of her friend's house, heartbroken.

Andre went inside, took his wife aside and quickly explained the situation. She nodded and took her coat ready to go outside, ready to support her friend, ready to finally find out what was going on. She briefly questioned whether to call Perrie so that Jade could explain the situation to both of them; but decided to first listen to what she had to say.

"Hey Jadey, I missed you" Leigh said, stepping outside and closing the door behind her. She wasn't surprised to see her in that state, since her husband had previously informed her, but nevertheless it was breaking her heart. She immediately pulled her in a tight hug and repeatedly kissed her on the top of the head. She knew it, Jade was the less sharing person when it came to her personal life, but when she needed help, she would always go to her; and to Leigh it was really important, it meant that her younger bandmate trusted her.

"What do you think if we sit in my car, so we can talk privately and we won't freeze out here?" Leigh offered softly, taking a step back, to see her friend nodding. She smiled and took her friend's hand, directed to the car.

Once there, she turned on the heating and shifted a little bit to be able to see Jade in the eyes. She placed her hand on her tight and softly asked: "So, what's going on babe? What happened with Jordan?"

Jade looked at her and started playing with her hands. She started crying again. At that point, Leigh took her hand to try to reassure her. The brunette finally spoke, or at least tried to explain, "J-Jordan is... i-is... Jordan". The brunette was now crying heavily and slightly shaking. Leigh tried to be supportive, for what she could do. She looked at her friend and instructed: "Jade, try to relax or you'll hyperventilate. Breathe with me. 1,2,3. Good girl, now again"; she repeated this a few times.

After a while, she could notice her friend relaxing and calming down; Leigh quickly texted something on her phone and then spoke again: "Babe, I don't know what happened but please try to stay calm. You can't be this worked up, you are pregnant". Jade just looked at her. "Jadey we don't have to talk if you don't want to; we can just stay here in silence, if this helps", the older girl offered.