X

When I woke up again, the bedroom was not my own. The walls seemed to be made out of giant logs and held a woods theme with it. I could not see any window from where I currently sat up. The bed itself had a wooden head board, swirls that seemed to be made by hands indented inside of it. The blankets itself seemed to be hand made, each thread held a different color all being on the darker nature. 

A soft knock caused me to turn and study the door. It was a dark oak stain and seemed to be big enough for two people walking through it not have to separate. The women who stood in the doorway  held a confidence about her. A white tank top could be seen poking through a two tone brown shoot sleeve shirt with button that seemed to be forgotten about after half of them. The dark blue jeans had tears upon the knees. Her black hair was pulled up into a messy bun and the three scars upon her face did not seem to faze her. 

"Morning little prince." she spoke, moving forward and sitting upon the edge of the bed. "Come here."

Without a second thought, I moved forward before resting my head against her side. 

"Are you okay?" Emily spoke, as she examined the cast upon my arm. "How much longer do we have to keep this on?" 

I shrugged slightly, studying her jeans a little to hard. 

"Fin Swan." Emily spoke, her voice holding authority that said ' don't challenge me'  "You look at me when I talk to you." 

I glanced up, not fully meeting her eyes. 

"Now." She moved to stand up, gently taken my hand. "Let's get you changed and ready for the day." 

Leading me towards a small bathroom, it held the same cozy design as the bedroom. On the log wall hung a small silver lined mirror. Below the mirror sat one of them wooden based sinks and beside the sink was a claw foot tub that seemed to be made into a shower. A forest theme shower curtain hung on a brown metal road draping from the roof. 

"Let's cover the cast." Emily reached under the sink, pulling out Walmart bag's used for the wooden trash can beside a normal white toilet. 

Moving back over towards me, she wrapped the Walmart bag around the cast before taping it closed. "Do you need help with a bath or can you do it by yourself?" 

I glanced down towards the cast before looking back up towards Emily. "I.. I can do it." 

She gave me a soft smile, leaving the bathroom. I turned and looked towards the tub taken a deep breath and climbed in. While washing my hair with one hand, much harder than I have ever thought would be. I could hear the bathroom door open and then shut again. When I climbed out of the tub, I could not help the smile that appear on my face. 

Sitting on the side of the sink was black sweat pants. When you slide them on, a smile appeared on my face as I studied the small white flower with a yellow center. The shirt had a blue center, a blue right sleeve and pink left sleeve. In the middle of the shirt held a mini milk carton that was white and pink with the words "unicorn milk" and a unicorn above the words. 

I could grab the shirt and slide in one arm before finding my struggle

I could grab the shirt and slide in one arm before finding my struggle. Glancing around the inside of the shirt I noticed I could not see anything. Tears quickly filled my eyes before calling out for help. The door quickly opened, foot steps could be heard coming closer and suddenly the shirt was pulled over my head. 

"There is my little boy." Emily spoke, as she placed a gentle kiss upon my for head. 

I could not help the giggle that left my lips at the sensation that the kiss left through my body. Holding my hand up in the air, she swiftly pulled me into her arms before leaving the bathroom. As we moved down the hallway the sound of laughing can be heard. 

"It looks like they beat us." Emily spoke, I could feel her shake her head. 

Walking into the kitchen was different than the rest of the house. A wooden island seemed to be the center piece with wooden shelfs beside the opening which lead to the normal stove and fridge. A white circle table with one to many brown chairs squished together around it was filled with the three men who where familiar to me. Where a wall should be, sat a giant window and door, the door was opened with a metal wired screen that kept bugs out closed. The sound of rain hitting off of leaves around the forest could be heard. 

"Look who is up." Sam spoke, a smile appearing on his face as he stood walking over and kissed Emily multiple times over her scares. He leaned over and placed a gentle kiss upon my head. "Are you hungry?" Sam asked, taken me from Emily's arms. 

"Y..Yes." I whispered, letting a small whine escape my lips as Sam sat me down beside Paul. 

"Milk or juice?" Sam spoke, as he ruffed my hair

"Milk!" I could not help the yell that escaped my lips. 

"Inside voice love." Sam spoke, coming back with a blue lid elephant poke a dot sippy cup.

"tank you." Giggling, I reached up grabbing the sippy cup and begun to drink the milk. 

Emily came back with a matching bowl and spoon. Inside the bowl held scrambled eggs and bacon mixed together. My eyes lingered upon the dish before watching Emily scoop some on the spoon and bring it towards my lips. I could not help the smile that filled my face as I took a bite. 

Important!

--> Just a filler chapter, sorry wolf pups!

--> If you need a reminder of what Fin looks like, Go to the first page of the story.

* Just a warning, I am a full time college student and also I am a teachers assistance for Pre K students. This means that I may not be able to post every single day. I will try though!

Thank you for reading!!!