{Two - Don't Do Anything Rash}

Almond just have to give Sugar Gnome Builders inc. a 5 star rating and a tip - the gnomes built the daycare in only two hours, and it was top notch. Plus, they supplied other things for the daycare, too.

The small building was cozy and welcoming - it was perfect for accommodating the children during the day. The daycare was made of gingerbread and adorned with jelly candy and white icing, like in the fairytales they told the younger ones.

There was a lot for the kids to do inside - there were crafting tables and art stations galore. A few boxes of toys and a small indoor playhouse that looked like the classic gingerbread house.

Now, all Almond needed to do was to call all of the parents and caregivers. The next day, the kids would all come and peacefully play together. Right?

***

Eventually, the next morning had come. All of the parents, caregivers and older siblings were getting their children and younger siblings ready.

Pancake took a small backpack and spilled all his Acorn Jellies into it.
Cherry grabbed a few of her Cherry Bombs and sneaked them into a drawstring bag. Her older
sister, Cherry Blossom, was drinking her daily cup of tea and didn't notice. Gumball loaded his canon with gumballs.
Devil planned pranks with the help of his mentor, Fire Spirit. They were both rather enjoying it at the moment in time.
Sorbet Shark swam with Sea Fairy in the chilly morning sea. Peppermint rode atop the shark boy, holding onto both his horn and his transformed foster sibling tight.
Blackberry tended around Adventurer's mansion while Onion ate a bowl of porridge for breakfast in the breakfast hall, her onion toy sitting in the chair next to hers.
Walnut looked at the overview of an open case file as she ate Jelly eggs on toast. Almond wrote down notes on another investigation next to her, sipping coffee.

"Walnut?" Almond suddenly turned his head towards her and away from the investigation files.
"Yes, Dad?"
"Do you think having the daycare built was a good idea?"
"I think the daycare is a great idea! Everyone will love it!"
"If you say so. I just hope they don't do anything rash, I've got a lot of work to do today."

They continued to eat their breakfast.

***

About an hour later, all of the parents were milling in front of the daycare, kids in hand, waiting for it to open. Almond was also there with his younger daughter Walnut, who had changed out of her striped pyjamas and into her classic detective outfit.

"Are you sure this was a good idea, Walnut?"
The little girl replied, "Why are you so nervous? Are you the grown up or am I? This was a great idea!"
"Thanks," he said, reassured.

Everyone waited for the daycare door to open so all of the kids could be let in. And it did.
Spinach Cookie looked out and shone a friendly smile at everyone. She stepped out and stood on the steps leading to the door. Spinach Cookie welcome everyone and said, "Hello, dear children and caregivers. This is the new daycare, and it will be open from now, 9:30am, to 5:00pm. This is a place for all children to play all day. I will be the one looking after you." Another friendly smile followed.

Almond then stepped up to the porch steps, trying to walk through the small cluster as politely as he could.

"Hello and good morning, all parents and caregivers," Almond Cookie started," I don't have a lot of time, so I will just address kids for now: don't misbehave! I've got more than enough work to do already."He nodded and went back to where his daughter was standing, waiting patiently. There was a loud chorus of clapping as Spinach then opened the door to officially open the daycare for the first time.

The caregivers streamed in the their children. Inside, everyone settled in an said goodbye to their caregivers and/or parents.
"Make sure to behave until I return," Blackberry Cookie told Onion Cookie as the little girl took a seat at the art table.
"I swear, if you guys cause any trouble-" Cherry Blossom started telling Gumball and Cherry, then thought, what am I thinking, of course they will cause trouble. The two troublemakers were outside in the yard running around, though. Everything seemed fine.
Sea Fairy had request a paddle pool at the very least would be put in the back yard of the daycare. Her request had been done, and Sorbet Shark sat happily in his swimming form with Peppermint in a paddle pool.
Pancake was already drawing with paints at an easel and getting paint all over his flying squirrel onesie.

When everyone settled in, the caregivers said another quick goodbye and left. Spinach closed the door behind them and turned to the kids. Almond said some of them were troublemakers, but the children are just playing peacefully, thought Spinach with a feeling of relief, this will be easy.

Or so she thought.