{Thirteen - Their Curious Futures}

{Author's Note: An actually long chapter, coming your way right now! Enjoy (at most parts!)}

They flew up, up, and away. The cookie kids fantasized over the futures they saw. Sorbet Shark, Peppermint and Pancake were the centre of attention. They soaked in the spotlight, by thankfully didn't forget to keep their grip. Timekeeper smiled in delight as she looked at them. Soon, they were back in the sky, and among the clouds.

"Let's go! You know the drill!!" She declared. Another Time Rift appeared, as welcoming as an open door. A distorted image of an extravagant building was seen, accompanied by a welcome beige light.

They flew in at the speed of a bullet, and got greeted by more blinding lights, just like the previous time. But this time, Timekeeper wasn't the only one to keep her eyes open. Walnut did too, and stared at the flashing lights in wonder and scribbled down a description of them. The time traveller glanced over at the pages of the notebook. She was surprised to see that the pages so far were crammed full of text written in tiny handwriting.

Then, a burst of sunlight hit everyone's face. They opened their eyes. Well, except for Walnut, whose eyes were now closed from the bright lights.

"You alright, little detective?" Timekeeper asked her.
"No, for two reasons now. One, the lights. Two, you stole Cheese Man's line." Walnut grumbled, rubbing her eyes vigorously.
"Cheese man?!" Devil burst out laughing.
Walnut finally opened her eyes, and replied, "Yes. He's the thief who I constantly have to chase after."

"Kids!" Timekeeper sang, "Look, we're here!"

They were soaring in the sky, again. Down below was a thick forest of dark evergreen trees. Then, everyone noticed that they were flying above a building with the sign of "Grandmaster Hotel".

"Hey, that's our hotel, but bigger!"
"That is our hotel, but larger in size."
Chess Choco both remarked, pointing to the building. The rest looked surprised, and Gumball asked,

"You know this dull posh place?" Gumball asked.

"We live there with Earl Grey Cookie, he's super nice! And our hotel isn't 'posh'." Pawn White said. She was silent for a second, then added, "Okay, maybe it is kind of posh."

"I thought you lived with the bad Enchantress Cookie?" Cherry questioned them.

They seemed to cringe at the name, but hid whatever displeasing they felt.

"No, we live at the Grandmaster Hotel." Black Pawn told them, an icy cold now imprinted into her voice, emphasizing the name of the hotel.

"Jeez, whatever. You gotta chill." Gumball said.

They flew closer to the grand place, but still trying not to be noticeable. But just how invisible can a giant pair of scissors on which about 11 cookies were sitting uon could be?

Down below was a large crowd of Cookies and Cookie Cars. They were banners hanging on the outside walls, they now noticed, that said Annual Chess Competition. There were also other banners
on which was declared, Compete against the Chess Queens in the Extreme Sport of the Year!

"Woah, so chess is like an extreme sport in the future? Wonder why..." Snow Sugar muttered. They then remembered the game of chess they had earlier that day, and that was all they needed to know.

"Who are the Chess Queens?" Pawn Black thought out loud.

"And why are there so many people coming to our hotel?" Pawn White whined, feeling a little overprotective of her home.

Then, the excitement in the crowd below grew as they saw someone, someone probably very important, exiting the hotel to greet all of the people. The scissors flew a little lower to see who the chess celebrity was. It was not one cookie, but two!