{Eleven - Time Travel Troubles}

{Author's Note: 600+ reads, thank you!! I hope you guys are enjoying the story! Anyways, new chapter!}

***

Timekeeper checked again that the rift back to the daycare was closed. The zone they were in was a grey-and-yellow void with endless ticking serving as a monotone background soundtrack. It was something the time traveller was used to, in these zones in between everything and nothing.

The kids she had temporarily taken into her care were floating in place. They stared at their surroundings in wonder and confusion as they covered their ears as hard as they could.

"Ticking already getting to you?" Timekeeper accidentally let out an overly high pitched giggle, "I have been hearing it for years, decades even, and I haven't gone off my rocker, not yet."

"I seriously doubt that," Peppermint said as he slowly took his hands away from his ears. He had started to wonder why he and the others followed a time traveller into who knows where.

"oOoOO", Sorbet bubbled out in agreement as they floated closer to their foster brother.

Walnut was writing everything down in her notebook, and Chess Choco were floating next to her, approving the younger girl's notes.
Gumball and Cherry were trying to play tag, but it was harder to fly/float through the air than they once thought. Devil and Pancake were trying to fly together, but there was no wind and not much to fly on. Onion darted her head in every direction with big, teary eyes. She hugged her droopy onion toy close to her chest.

Suddenly, the void began... shaking? Everyone was thrown around. The colors and light began to distort, and the space seemed to close in. Anyone with claustrophobia would have fainted on the spot.

"AAAH!!" Snow Sugar yelled, terrified out of his wits. He and the miniature Snow King both trembled.

"Oh yeah," Timekeeper said casually, "I forgot that this happens sometimes. Don't panic, everyone!"

Everyone panicked.

The time traveller shook her head in dismay, and jumped onto her golden scissors quickly. She zoomed around, scooping everyone up and onto the scissors. The kids held on tight, like they were on the back of a giddy horse, as the zone closed in.

"What now?!" Cherry wondered in a panic.

Timekeeper straightened her hat and replied, "We just need to find a tear in the time zone. Keep an eye out, everyone, or we may get stuck!"

Every single kid sitting atop or hanging onto the golden Sonic Embroiders looked around. The atmosphere was tense and frantic. The search for the tear took them only a few seconds, but it felt way longer.

"There's the tear!"
"The tear is there."

Chess Choco simultaneously pointed out a gaping tear, similar to a portal in appearance, black and charred on the sides. It had a distorted image of what seemed to be a blue background dotted with blurred, elongated streaks of white.

"Great job, let's go!" Timekeeper exclaimed encouragingly, and steered the scissors over to the direction where the twins pointed.

It was right there... Just a few more meters....

Suddenly, Gumball (who was sitting at the back) lost his grip. A terrified scream was heard as the cookie boy almost fell to his unknown Crumbling into the void. His cannon fell into another tear, unnoticed. Everyone let out screams and Timekeeper, mouth open in shock, was about to summon him back. Thankfully, Sorbet quickly grabbed the boy's hand before he could fall  and pulled him back onto the golden scissors. "T-thanks.." Gumball whispered. Sorbet nodded, and wiped some sweat off their forehead.