{Five - The Kids of Darkness}

Everyone gasped.
The pranksters turned away from the corners they were standing in for timeout to see.
The water kids jumped out of the paddle pool excitedly but jumped back in when they saw who it was.
The other kids just stared. Onion burst into tears, as usual.
Spinach stood in front of the daycare kid cookies in a fighting stance, looking apprehensively at the supervillainess.
"A turn up for the books." Angel Cookie commented in a deadpan expression.
"How are you not panicking about this?!" Cherry Cookie whispered to Angel Cookie, who had flown to the corner where the trickster girl cookie was standing.
"She hasn't attacked anyone yet, plus she's got kids with her." They pointed.

There was, in fact, four kids huddled around Dark Enchantress. They were looking at the others shyly.
"Why are these little kids with you?" Spinach demanded, seeing the huddled kids look at her nervously.
"I'm not little!" One of the kids with short pink hair and a waffle headset pouted.
"My children. Legally, but not emotionally or biologically." Dark Enchantress simply replied in a bored voice.
"What is your business here? If you harm any of these kids-" Spinach started interrogating her, but got interrupted.
Dark Enchantress said, "I'm just here to drop them off. Isn't this supposed to be a daycare?"
"Yes, it is?"
"Well, that settles the matter. I will come pick them up at five. I've got more important matters to attend to other than looking after children cookies."
Everyone in the room wondered what she meant by 'important matters'. Probably something villain-ish, they thought.
"Now, I need to take my leave. Don't expect me to be so friendly with you like this all the time."

With a whisper of a spell and a swish of her staff, there was yet another red flash and another gust of smoke (after which all the cookies had a coughing fit), she was gone.

Only when they all managed to stop coughing after the smoke cleared, did they pay attention to the kids that Dark Enchantress had brought.
They weren't especially intimidating, and there was about four of them.

One was an 8-year-old with voluminous lilac curls stuffed under a wide-brimmed hat resembling the top of a purple mushroom. They wore a dark purple robe with wide periwinkle purple kimono sleeves. The kid was holding a purple mushroom from which wafted a sickening smell that smelt like poison and also the oddly fishy smell of fungi. They had a goofy expression on their little face, and big purple eyes with big black bags staring at the others in the room.

One was a 10-year-old sporting a head short messy pink hair. Atop their hair was a state-of-the-art headset made of waffles and other exquisite material. They were wearing an ombre pink-to-yellow cape that was pinned together with a strawberry pin. In one of their hands was a tiny remote that controlled a Wafflebot floating right next to them.

The other two were 12-year-old twin girls. They were both wearing wide-brimmed sunhats with what looked like an elongated pawn on top. One was in all white, with pale skin, brown cheeks and a sleek 20's style blond cut. She was happily waving to the still confused daycare kids. The other one looked just like her energetic twin, but in all browns, with brunette hair and clothes of a dark chocolate color. She was staring blankly at the others, waving awkwardly.

"Welcome to the daycare?" Spinach broke the awkward silence, "Make yourself at home- and don't anything with ill intent, not in these walls! Pink hair kid, do NOT smash ANYTHING with that Wafflebot hand of yours, or it will be the naughty corner for you."

"Naughty corner?" They scoffed, "Those corners cannot contain me. And the name is Strawberry Crepe Cookie, genius Wafflebot engineer. Don't you forget it."

The caretàker just glared at the snooty kid.

"Hellooo... new friends? I am Poisooon Mushroooom.. Want some shroomies?" The little kid holding the mushroom said slowly, trying to shove a handful of foul purple mushrooms into Spinach's hand. She pushed them away firmly but politely with a pained smile.

Then she turned to the twin girls.

"And who are you sweeties? Your matching chess costumes are so cute! How come you are with the evil cookies?"

"Im Pawn White, and together we are Chess Choco Cookie! Nice to meetcha!"
"I am Pawn Black. Together we are Chess Choco Cookie. Pleasure to make your acquaintance."

The girls spoke in turn, the white girl first and the black girl second. They pretended to ignore the last question, but answered the first two.

"What good manners!" The caretàker cookie marveled, and then turned to the other daycare children, who were standing there and watching everything unfold.
"How about you guys make these four.. erm, evil cookies... feel welcome? (not like we have another choice...)"

An awkward silence followed, and Spinach decided to leave the room. Angel Cookie was the first to come up. "Greetings and welcome! We've got lots to do. Art supplies, over there. A small playground and tree house in the yard. A paddle pool too, but that's just for the water cookies. And also, we have-"

"WHATEVER." Strawberry Crepe interrupted grumpily, "Where is the daycare workshop?"

"There.. isn't a daycare workshop."

"WHAT?! Every daycare centre should have at least one workshop, every normal ones do!"

Pancake piped in, "No, they don't."

"Ugh, I will go demolish the bathrooms and build my workshop there, then." The genius child grumbled, clicking a few buttons on their remote to make their floating Wafflebot hand gnash its fingers together menacingly.

"This is going to be such a fun day," Gumball Cookie commented from the back of room.

((TO BE CONTINUED))