••••《 2 - Strike First 》

Rosey Williams Episode Two - This takes place in season one, episode 2.

Characters in scenes (in order of appearance): Rosey, Moon, Yasmine, Sam, Kyler, Miguel, Eli (only seen, not talking)

▪︎

Scene One - The Pool Party:

I kick my legs around in the water, letting the cold water hit my skin. Sam's pool party seems to be a success for her.

"You okay?" Moon calls out towards me, snapping me back into reality. I begin nodding.

"Yeah, it's just really hot out here. You know?" I smile and Moon nudges me.

"Why don't you take a jump into the pool." Moon giggles, jokingly. Suddenly, Yasmine butts in.

"Yeah? Why don't you?" She chuckles, giving me a sly smile. Sam snickers on the side.

"No, really, I'm fine. I don't really want my hair getting wet." I shrug, but that's not enough for Yasmine. She wants me to. She wants me to jump in the pool?

"We don't want you overheating." Yasmine makes a pouty face. "Hang on, I can help." Yasmine turns her head towards the boys. "Hey! Why don't one of you help Rosey jump into the pool." God, that bitch! Why does she enjoy this?

"What?" I feel myself blurt out. I watch as the boys look at one another.

"Yeah, I can do that." Kyler calls out, hopping out of the pool. He let's out a chuckle.

"Get up, Rosey." Yasmine says, still smiling. With a fake and nervous smile, I slowly stand up. Kyler begins walking towards me.

"If you want me to jump in, I can do it myself. I don't need Kyler." I explain, rushing through my words. Kyler comes up next to me.

"Oh, come on! Why don't you want to jump in with me!?" He exclaims, putting a jerky smile onto his face. "It'll be fun." I feel him wrap his arms around me and then walk closer to the edge of the pool. As he tightens his squeeze, he throws himself into the deep end of the pool, dragging me to the bottom. I feel as he grabs my hips as we sink down, pushing onto them. It quickly freaks me out and causes me to push him off of me. I swim up to the top, acting like everything's fine and make my way out of the pool. I pass over towards Sam.

"Hey, Sam? Where's your bathroom?" I ask. She points me into the direction of the bathroom.
"Thanks!" I give an even better smile. "I'm just going to fix my hair since it got all wet." I let out a giggle and run off. I can't help but feel a shiver run down my spine in disgust and discomfort as I enter the house and get away from everyone.

▪︎

Scene Two - How Rosey meets Miguel:

The ride to school was boring as usual. This morning, Sam had to take us to school because Yasmine couldn't since she 'ran into a deer,' as she told her parents. Once we entered the school, I followed Yasmine, Sam, and Moon around. They talked about all sorts of random garbage as I carried Yasmine's bag around, and after a while, Kyler and Brucks appeared. I tried to keep myself away from Kyler the most. I kept myself tucked right behind Moon. She's the one saving grace of this friend group.

I was full of joy once we finally passed my first class. I was finally able to escape Yasmine and the others. I quickly handed Yasmine her bag back. She gave me these puppy-dog eyes and thanked me. After a quick hug from Moon, I was left on my own. With a sigh of relief, I entered my English class, which brings us into this moment of time.

Everyone's staring at me in awe, as if I'm some big shot. Their eyes are glued on my flashy, first-day of school outfit as I walk towards the teachers desk. The teacher slowly looks up from his laptop. He turns towards me.

"Excuse me, where do I sit?" I mutter. The teacher turns towards his roster and looks around at the class. His eyes freeze on a student.

"You sit with Miguel Diaz, near the back of the class." He states. Then he raises his voice. "Miguel Diaz, please raise your hand." A kid in the back quickly lifts his head, his eyes widen and he looks confused. He slowly raises up his hand, his expression still full of panic and a bit of fear. "Back there." The teacher murmurs as I thank him and leave his desk.

As I make my way through the row, people look up towards me, and once I reach the back, Miguel Diaz's eyes are piercing into my soul. I try to ignore it and sit down in my seat. I put my backpack down and unzip it, pulling out my English binder and placing it on my desk. I see Miguel scribbling something in a journal. I look down at the journal without him knowing. There's a picture of a cobra and above it says, 'Cobra Kai.'

"Cobra Kai?" I mutter. His eyes jolt over at me, he stares at me. "Sorry, I just noticed you writing that down. What does it mean?" He stares at mean for a moment before responding.

"It's my karate dojo." He looks down at the sketch. "I'm planning on making a website so we can gain more popularity. This is just the general idea of what it would look like." I put my hands out towards the journal.

"May I look?" I ask. He nods and passes me the journal. I look at the drawing, running my hand over it as I scan it with my eyes.

"The page before has some notes on the website." Miguel says as I flip to the page before, reading.

Sign up page. Contact info.
Pictures of Sensei Lawrence and other training. "Cobra Kai is the most bad ass dojo in the valley."

I read the notes in my head before flipping through the other pages.

"Oh! That's all I had on the website!" I hear Miguel exclaim. All of the pages fly by, math problems, little to-do lists, list of karate moves, and a few poems. I shut the book as I flip to the last page and slide it back to Miguel. Poetry?

"Do you write poetry?" I ask. I watch as his cheeks change in color as if he's embarrassed.

"It's nothing much. Just random little things I write when I'm inspired. Seriously..." Miguel continues to ramble on as I turn back down towards my bag and pull out a notebook. I place it down in front of him.

"Nothing to be ashamed of. I was just asking because I like poetry." I smile.

"Oh..." He mutters.

"Go ahead, if you don't believe me, look." I gesture to the notebook. I watch as he flips open to the first page. There's a big heading on the page, 'The Monster.' Then he flips to another page, 'Hatred.' Another, 'My Sister.' He keeps flipping the pages, 'No One Good,' 'Car Rides,' 'Creativity.' "Sorry, the titles aren't that great."

"No, this is really cool." Miguel smiles as he flips to the last poem. He looks down at his journal, thinking for a moment. "You can look at my poems if you want. I'm not very good. Actually, I'm a lot better at science and stuff, you know?" He tells me, awkwardly.

"No poetry is bad." I smile. "It's unique in its own way." I begin looking at the poems in his journal. "If you ever want some tips or you want to share new poems with me, I'd be happy to read them." Miguel smiles at me and puts his hand out towards me.

"I'm Miguel." I place my hand into his and shake it lightly. I can't help but chuckle at our awkward handshake.

"Rosey." I smile at him. Suddenly, the bell rings. The teacher walks over to the door and shuts it. He suddenly begins talking. Miguel and I settle down, returning our rightful books to one another.

▪︎

Scene Three - Lunchtime:

"It's the first day of school and I already miss summer." Yasmine says as we follow behind her, lunch trays in hand. We get to our signature table and sit down.

"It's not that bad!" Moon chuckles and sits down next to me. She nudges me lightly. "Right? I mean, how's your day so far?" I smile at her.

"It's going good." I mumble as the thought of English and talking to Miguel pops into my head.

"Wish I could say the same. All of my classes suck." Yasmine rolls her eyes. I look at my lunch tray before picking up my plastic fork and stabbing it into my salad. I take a bite of it as Yasmine continues. "I mean seriously, all the losers are in my math class."

"What 'losers?'" Sam asks, taking a bite of her fruit cup. I look up at Yasmine as she scans her eyes through the lunch room.

"Like him." Yasmine says, a mischievous smile appearing onto her face. Sam, Moon, and I look over to where Yasmine is staring. "The kid with the lip." I spot a table of three boys. The one in the middle has a deformed lip. "I mean, look at his sweater. It's seriously the ugliest thing I've ever seen." I stare at the poor boy covering his lip.

"That is so wrong." Sam chuckles. Yeah, it is. It's not like the kid asked to have a cleft lip. I can't help but stare at the boy covering his lip and trembling in fear. I sigh, a sad expression showing up onto my face. I revert my eyes away from the boy and look to his left. My heart suddenly starts to raise as I see who's sitting next to him. It's Miguel, and he's staring right at me. I feel my eyes widen, I can't tell if it's disappointment from him sitting with two of the biggest losers in school or if I'm sad that Miguel has to see me sitting with the worst kids in school.

After a few moments of eye contact, I see Miguel say something to his friends and then get up from his seat. He suddenly begins walking in our direction, Yasmine, Moon, and Sam all ignoring him, but I can't keep my eyes off of him. I can't help but want him to take me away. I haven't had as much fun as I did in English in forever. But just as he's about to reach me, he stops in his tracks, and Kyler sits down right in between me and Sam. He pulls both of us closer to him. I feel my face get pushed into his side. I try to pull him off of me to see Miguel, but once I do, Miguel's back in his seat.

"What are you looking at?" Kyler says, nudging me.

"Please, don't touch me." I mutter, as I suddenly revert my eyes away from Miguel's table.