••••《 5 - Counterbalance 》

Rosey Williams Episode Five - This takes place in season one, episode five.

Characters in scenes (in order of appearance): Rosey, Moon, Yasmine, Sam, Miguel, Johnny, Kyler

▪︎

Scene One – In Moon's car: ☆

I sit quietly in the back of Moon's car as Yasmine and Moon sit up front taking a hit from the new pot our mom had gotten Moon... Our family is filled with extreme liberal hippies, so it's not uncommon for us to be gifted stuff like that. I sit in the back quietly, not included in the conversation going on. They cough, they gossip, they freak out about stupid stuff like homeless people, all while I'm in the back writing away. I want to give something to Miguel. I want to find a way to apologize or show him I'm okay.

Though, I know I'm completely far from okay. I feel bad for hurting Miguel's feelings, my hatred for Yasmine grows by the day, and Kyler and Sam ended things which is awful for me. Who knows how touchy-feely he's going to get! Which truly makes no sense to me because there are so many better people than me! I just want Miguel to be okay though, so I'll happily lie about it to ease his mind. I also just can't have him being mad at me. He's become a genuine friend of mine, which is something so new and important to me.

I continue to scribble random stuff down, but nothing is inspiring me. Nothing seems genuine enough to give to Miguel... I feel like I shouldn't be so worried about him, but I am. I care about him a lot. I keep writing more and more, spilling out information and my feelings. I begin zoning out, ignoring Moon and Yasmine and all of their endless nonsense. I get lost in my notebook until suddenly, Sam shows up.

She hops in, and I feel myself jump, jerking straight forward. Yasmine and Moon yell, I let out a small yelp. She looks at each of us, eyeing us all down. It sends chills down my spine. Sam starts talking, going on and on about stuff I don't care about. On stuff I wasn't involved in. I roll my eyes at the conversation in front of me and begin looking out at the shops around us at the little strip mall. Going one by one from mini mart to vape shops to whatever else there is, and then, I see something that sticks out to me.

Cobra Kai.

That's the dojo that Miguel had made the website for. That's his dojo. I think for a moment, then make quick mention to the girls that I'm getting out to let them talk. I don't care what they really have to say. I don't even think Sam is mad at me.

I open the door and hop out, notebook in hand so no one can read it. I wouldn't want Moon or Yasmine making fun of me – specifically Yas. I begin to head over to the dojo. I can't help but just wonder what in the world it looks like. Where Miguel has been learning to fight. I get up on the sidewalk and walk under the sign that says 'Cobra Kai,' stepping closer and closer to the glass. I place my hand on and peer in, looking around. It's nothing too special. There's writing on the walls and red and black décor for the mats and such. A few dummies throughout, but that's about it. After looking around for a minute or so, I watch two people walk out from the back. One is taller and blonde, he's an older man, and the other is none other than Miguel.

I freeze as he looks over at the glass and spots me. He freezes too, his mouth that was once moving on conversation stops. The older man looks confused, asking what's wrong and such. He then looks over at me as well, trying to put the pieces together. His face lights up, his lips reading, 'A new client?' Miguel tries to stop him, and I should be moving but I'm locked in place. The older man heads to the door and he beckons me in. I break my stance and look at the man. In fear, I just do as he says and walk in.

"Hey! Welcome to Cobra Kai!" He says. "Let me guess, you've seen our website?"

"I guess you can say something like that..." I mutter, looking back over at Miguel who has barely moved.