••••《 4 - Cobra Kai Never Dies 》

Brooke Lawrence Episode Four - This takes place in season one, episode four.

Characters in scenes (in order of appearance): Brooke, Carmen, Miguel, Johnny, Trey, Cruz, Robby, Demetri, Eli

▪︎

☆ Scene One – After the Halloween Party, 12 AM: 

I peer my head out of the front curtains, for more then one reason. Actually, for a lot of reasons. I can't sleep. That's the big one. It's Friday night, Halloween, and I'm sitting inside worried and jittery. The other reasons being that my dad left about 2 hours ago and hasn't returned which worries me, and also because I'm waiting to see what's happening in Miguel's house. See, there's a gap in his curtains so I can see just enough of what's going on in his house. I can see his mom frantically pacing around in a hurry. I can't help but wonder if she's pacing out of anger and frustration, or if she's getting things to help Miguel.

Moments of earlier in the night flash through my head. Me desperately banging on Miguel's apartment door as my dad holds a bloody and tired Miguel in his arms. His mother opening the door and screaming, throwing her hands up in her face. My dad getting scolded and told off by Mrs. Diaz. Miguel screaming for his sensei, and as the door slams he screeches out, 'Cobra Kai Never Dies.' Then my dad stumbles into our apartment, mad at himself. He talks to me about clearing his mind. Of course, I let him go, he's upset about this too, but I didn't think he'd disappear. I try to shake away the memories, but it's hard. I poke my head out of my front curtains and flop onto the couch.

"Where are you, dad?" I mumble to myself, squeezing my eyes tightly shut. "God, what the hell have we gotten ourselves into?" I sigh and get up from the couch, heading over to the kitchen for a snack. I look at the fridge, there's a picture of me and my brother Robby. We were probably about 7 in the picture. I take it off of the fridge and look at it. "Where are you when I need you?" I catch myself feeling upset.

▪︎

☆ Scene Two – The Next Morning: 

I wake up passed out on the couch, my body curled up in a ball from having no blanket. In the distance, my dad's on the phone. His voice sounds groggy and tired. I pull myself up-right as I listen to his conversation, trying to wake myself up more.

"Robby hasn't been to school in two months?" I hear him exclaim, picking up his half-spilled can of beer. He takes a sip of it. "Oh, don't worry. He'll be back." My dad instantly pulls his crappy flip-phone away from his ear and hangs it up.

"Dad? What was that?" I ask. His head flings towards me, but you can tell he instantly regrets it because he grabs his forehead in pain. "What's wrong with Robby?"

"Your brother lied that we were on a family trip. He hasn't showed up at school in 2 months." My dad grumbles. "I need to go talk to him." I get up from the couch.

"You do?" I ask, instantly getting a burst of energy.

"Yeah, I do, why?" My dad looks at me, raising an eyebrow. He studies the expression on my face. "You want to go talk to him?"

"I talk to him, you talk to mom." I state. My dad takes a step back in shock, thinking through the plan.

"What for? I don't want to talk to your mom! She's gross!" My dad exclaims in disgust.

"You can convince her to have Robby live with us! I mean, obviously you're a more fit parent in that sense! You make me go to school every day which is good for my future!" I explain.

"Woah, you're getting ahead of yourself. I don't have the money for two kids." My dad shakes his head lightly.

"Well, yeah, but if we get more students for the dojo-" He cuts me off.