••••《 5 - Counterbalance 》

Brooke Lawrence Episode Five - This takes place in season one, episode five.

Characters in scenes (in order of appearance): Brooke, Miguel, Aisha, Johnny, Demetri, Eli

Scene One – Aisha joins Cobra Kai:

"Thank God you can finally keep up with me!" I smile as Miguel and I practice our kicks, punches, and blocks. "This is what I've been waiting for!" 

"I know!" Miguel squeals with pure joy, throwing a hook. I block it - just because he can punch doesn't mean he's fast enough yet. "This is so exciting! All that training really paid off."

"Speaking of training, how's you're ear?" I ask. "You know, the one that my dad hit with a baseball..."

"Um..." Miguel thinks about it. "Better-ish." He says, as I fling my leg forward to do a forward kick. I kick Miguel in the stomach, but he doesn't break form, only a bit of noise comes out.

"You know, you're getting pretty good." I smile, but I'm quickly distracted by the sound of the door opening. Miguel and I quickly put all of our attention on the entrance, only to see Aisha Robinson, the girl whose life has been made a living hell by Yasmine and the other popular girls. "Dad!" I shout, grabbing my dad's attention and causing him to walk out of his office.

"Uh, hi." Aisha mutters. My dad raises an eyebrow as Aisha walks up towards the mat and stops right in front of it. "I'd like to learn karate." She says, her eyes flipping from me, to Miguel, to my dad. "I saw your website online and I thought I should check it out." My dad stares for another moment.

"No, we're good." My dad says, raising an eyebrow. "We don't need any new students." I begin to turn towards my dad, full of confusion, as does Miguel.

"Wait a second... What the hell?" I murmur, quickly turning from my dad to Aisha. "Oh wow, isn't he funny!" I exclaim. "You!" I point to Aisha. "Stay here with Miguel, I'll be right back. I'm going to chat with our wonderful sensei here!" I plaster a smile onto my face and begin harshly pushing my dad back into his office. As soon as we get in, I look up at him, my eyes wider than they've ever been. "What are you thinking?"

"What!? I can't have a girl in-" My dad suddenly stops in his tracks as he stares at me. "Let me rephrase that." He clears his throat. "I can't have a girl who's not my daughter in my dojo."

"Dad, that's not fair!" I exclaim. "Any other girl should have the same opportunities as me. Girls are just as powerful as boys! You should know that, I've kicked many male asses before. Don't be a sexist asshole." I grumble.

"It's just that she's... you know..." My dad mutters, getting ready to make a gesture to his stomach and size.

"Don't be fatphobic either! We are not doing this today. You know that's wrong and really messed up." I let out a sigh. God, I really do sound like his mother. "Listen, this girl is bullied really badly at school. Nasty rumors have been spread around about her, videos of her that are making fun of her weight have been posted on the internet. It's getting bad for her, she could learn some self-defense. Just give her a chance." My dad stares at me for a moment, thinking, before nodding along in agreement.

"Fine, I'll give her one shot, but that's it!" My dad tells me quickly and then walks past me back into the dojo. "Ms....?"

"Robinson." Aisha explains.

"Ms. Robinson, take your shoes off and get on the mat!" My dad exclaims as I leave his office. She does as he says and just as she gets on the mat, my dad begins going on a tangent, talking about men and women and Cobra Kai. "After a conversation with my daughter, I have decided girls can now be a part of Cobra Kai, but when you're in this dojo, you will not act like a girl." I place my face in my palm. My dad is clueless.