••••《 5 - Quiver 》

Robin LaRusso Episode Five - This takes place in season one, episode six.

Characters in scenes (in order of appearance): Robin, Amanda, Daniel, Robby, Louie

Scene One – Daniel looks for someone to train with:

I walk out of my room and walk into my kitchen, only to walk in on a conversation I don't really want to hear.

"The last time you and I got on the mat to learn some karate, we ended up with a kid nine months later." My mom raises an eyebrow as she's wrapped up in my dad's arms.

"That's disgusting." I mutter as I enter the kitchen. My dad and mom look in my direction. "Why are you asking mom to learn about karate? I mean, that's what I'm assuming 'the mat' means... Don't tell me all of sudden you want another kid." I jokingly grin.

"No, no." My dad shakes his head slightly. "That is definitely not happening."

"Your father is going through a midlife crisis." My mom smiles, and my dad makes a face.

"No, I'm just rediscovering an old passion." My dad defends himself. "And I've asked your mother, sister, and brother if they'd like to learn karate and they all have some excuse." I think about what my dad's saying for a moment. I'm a little offended that he went to everyone except for me, but I let that go.

"So, you need someone to train with?" I ask, as my dad instantly begins nodding. "Well, I have some free time! I can!" I feel myself begin to smile as I suddenly realize that this'll be time for my dad and I to bond which means maybe he'll notice me more, praise me, I won't feel as left out. No Sam or Anthony or stupid LaRusso Auto Group. I watch as my dad's face lights up.

"Wait! Really!?" He shouts out in joy. I nod as my dad runs up to me and places his hands on my shoulders. "Oh, Robin, you will not regret this! You're going to have a blast and I swear this will totally pay off!" My dad's smile grows even wider. I can't help but laugh at his excitement. "You will love this! I have so many things I can teach you now that you're older and it'll be great!"

"Okay, don't overdo it before I change my mind!" I chuckle. My dad let's go of me and nods. "Mind if we work on that later though? Maybe in an hour or two" I ask, raising an eyebrow. "I have some homework to do and then I'll be ready."

"Oh, yeah! Of course! That'll give me sometime to teach you the basics and talk about Miyagi-Do Karate!" My dad smiles and turns to head back outside to our guest house, and apparently, new karate dojo. My mom looks at me and smiles.

"Thank you. I can tell you made your father very happy." My mom smiles slightly.

"Oh, I can tell too!" I let out a chuckle. "I mean, I bet this'll be a lot of fun!"

▪︎

Scene Two – A moment between Daniel and Robin:

"So you learned to do this at my age?" I ask as I enter our newly furnished guest house. Weapons hang on the walls, two trophies stand tall on a table, pictures of Mr. Miyagi and other karate instructors stand throughout the room.

"Yep." My dad inhales sharply. "I was getting bullied, and Mr. Miyagi swooped in and took me under his wing. He made sure I was safe and could defend myself." He turns to me and smiles slightly. "Which brings me to the first rule of Miyagi-Do Karate! Only use it for self-defense. There is no need to use karate unless you need to protect yourself." I nod.

"I plan on hopefully not having to use it at all except for with you." I mutter.

"Which is the goal!" My dad smiles. "We don't seek out fights. We have to wait for them to come to us. We also learn about our own inner peace."