••••《 4 - Cobra Kai Never Dies 》

Rosey Williams Episode Four - This takes place in season one, episode four.

Characters in scenes (in order of appearance): Rosey, Miguel, Moon, Yasmine, Demetri, Eli

Scene One – Wednesday, at school, English class:

"Rosey, hey!" Miguel smiles at me and sits down in his seat. I try to smile back at him, but I'm instantly taken back by his face. It's bruised and beaten. I try to look past it and ask him a question instead.

"Miguel... Uh, hi!" I smile gently at him, as he takes out his binder and little journal. "How are you? Are you okay? You weren't here on Monday, so I was a little worried since you promised me you'd be there." I let out a chuckle, as does Miguel.

"Yeah, long story." Miguel awkwardly tells me. "I actually ended up getting into a fight after you disappeared. It's nothing much though-"

"A fight? With who? Why?" Questions instantly begin spewing out of my mouth. Miguel nervously laughs and keeps his eyes glued on his desk.

"I was in a fight with Kyler." Miguel murmurs. "I kind of over-stepped my boundaries and thought I was a bit stronger than I actually was." He shrugs. "But I don't regret it."

"What was the fight about?" I ask, raising an eyebrow. Miguel's eyes widen a bit and he thinks about it for a moment.

"Uh, nothing really big! Him and I just butt heads, you know?" He exclaims. I nod.

"Yeah." I mumble.

"So you made it home okay after the party?" Miguel instantly asks following what I said.

"Yeah, I did. It took me a while to get all the punch off though. That stuff stains like a bitch." I giggle, as does Miguel.

Suddenly the teacher speaks up, telling us to pull out our haiku's from last class. See, we're currently in our poetry unit since it's a nice and easy way to start the year. Each class, we learn how to write a new type poem, and for homework we have to write one. Mine was about the Halloween party. My eyes scan over it.

'My eyes full of tears, That wave of embarrassment, Their gaze all on me."

I can't help but see Miguel staring at mine out of the corner of my eye. I don't question it, but I do question what that damn fight was about.

▪︎

Scene Two – In the hall with Moon:

I place my bag down next to my locker. I unzip my bag, but I'm instantly taken aback by what's on top of everything. A folded up piece of paper - it's placed almost perfectly on top, as if it was waiting for me. I unravel it and can instantly tell the handwriting is Miguel's. He must have dropped it in my bag before English ended. I begin reading what's on the paper.

'I watch as they pull the strings of the little marionette puppet. 

They toss her around and treat her unkindly...

She has to pretend though to love it. 

She does not fight back in a world full of pain, 

Alas, she stays in this place, 

Forever to remain...

But I want her to be happy,

Because although she is just that small marionette puppet, she has feelings too.'

My eyes finish scanning through the writing. A poem. A metaphorical poem is what it is. Am I the marionette puppet? Suddenly, Moon snaps me back into reality.

"What's that?" Moon asks, tapping me on the shoulder. I jump at her touch and the sound of her voice. I instantly begin folding the poem back up.

"Nothing! It's just some note from English that I forgot to put away!" I cram the poem, as well as my binders into my locker and slam it shut. "Let's go to lunch." I plaster a smile onto my face. Moon giggles and nods. The two of us begin walking, Moon going on about her day as it happens. Suddenly, Yasmine meets up with us, instantly throwing her bag into my hands and pushing me out of my spot so that I'm behind her and Moon.

▪︎

Scene Three – In the library:

I begin to leave the library with my new library book, but I'm quickly stopped by Miguel and his geeky friends who are in the distance. I look at them for a moment and take a look around the library, making sure no one I know is around. I can't have Yasmine seeing this. As soon as I know no one I know is around, I go over to their table.

"Uh, Miguel?" I ask. Him and his friends instantly look up at me.

"Holy shit, Rosey Williams." His geeky friend with brown hair mumbles just loud enough for me to hear. I ignore it.

"Miguel? Can I ask you something about the poems we have to write for English?" I ask, as Miguel looks around to also make sure no one I know is nearby. He nods. "Um, over here too please, just so we don't bother your friends." I point over to another table a bit further away.

"Yeah, uh-huh." Miguel says quickly, pulling himself out of his seat. He looks down at his friends. "I'll be right back, guys." His friends nod as I begin to walk off. He quickly meets up with me. As soon as we're at the table, I instantly begin speaking. It's like rapid fire.

"What the hell was that poem? The one you put in my backpack?" I ask. Miguel shakes his head slightly.

"I'm tired of them bullying you. I made that last night, I thought you should see it." Miguel explains. I begin shaking my head. "I know it's pretty crappy, but it gets the point across."

"No, no, I'm fine. I don't need you to help me and compare me to a 'small marionette puppet.'" I explain and keep shaking my head. "I am capable to taking care of myself and I'm okay with the life I live."

"I don't understand why you keep doing this to yourself." Miguel grumbles.

"I've told you, it's better than being bullied every day. Then sitting by myself or getting swirlies-" I exclaim, "It's better than being a social reject!" I pause, my cheeks red hot. Miguel pauses as well and looks at me for a moment. His facial expression angers slightly.

"Is that what I am? A social reject? Is that all I could ever be?" He asks.

"Miguel, wait-" He cuts me off.

"Listen, just, let the poem sink in. Think about it. Think about what they've done to you. You don't have to think of us as social rejects, you've just been brought up to think like that because of who you're surrounded by. Maybe change your viewpoint. Put yourself in my shoes. Realize what's more important - popularity, or having real people who love you." Miguel explains. "Anyways, I need to go." He sighs and goes off to sit with is friends. With a groan, I feel my phone buzz. I pull it out and look at it.

Yasmine: Where the hell are you? I need you to give me my science paper stat! Class starts in a few minutes! Meet me at the entrance of the lunchroom!! Now!!!!  Do not test me Rosey Williams.