••••《 3 - Esqueleto 》

Rosey Williams Episode Three - This takes place in season one, episode three.

Characters in scenes (in order of appearance): Rosey, Yasmine, Kyler, Sam, Moon, Miguel

▪︎

☆ Scene One – Lunch: ☆

"Cyber bullying is no laughing matter!" The principal begins. "Now, I'm not going to name any names, but yesterday, I got a call from a mom who said her son had been crying because of kids making fun of his facial deformity online." Yasmine, Kyler, Brucks, and the other popular kids instantly begin laughing and pointing at the kid Miguel sits with.

"Little shit went to his mom crying." Kyler rolls his eyes and laughs, Sam leans into his shoulder and sort of laughs along. Moon smiles, but doesn't go over the top. I can't help but keep my head down. I don't want to look at Miguel. I like him a lot, in fact, I love sitting with him in English, but I don't want him to hate me. I don't want to see his face of disappointment. I can feel his eyes on me, staring at me and the other popular kids. They're piercing through me as kids laugh at his friend.

"That whole table is just a shit ton of losers." Kyler mumbles for everyone at the table to hear. I want to respond with, 'Shit ton? You mean three people you don't like? What did they ever do to you other then avoid you since you're such an ass. Maybe if you got to know them, you'd like them, but wait, you would never because you suck.' But instead, I stay silent. In fact, I stay silent for the rest of lunch.

▪︎

☆ Scene Two – After lunch: ☆

I watch Miguel begin to leave the lunch room. With a quick 'goodbye' to everyone at the table, I begin to run off after him. I know I can't be seen talking to him, so I have to think this through thoroughly, but very quickly. He exits the lunchroom, but just as he does, I grab his wrist and yank him down the opposite hallway everyone's going and drag him into a janitors closet. I have no time to look at his face, all I hear from him is a simple yelp and a few stutters until I shut the janitors closet door. I turn and face him.

"Rosey?" He asks, raising an eyebrow. "What's, uh, going on?"

"I'm sorry." I mumble. I had more things to say planned out, but that's the only thing that comes out of my mouth.

"For what?" He mumbles. We stare at each other. He looks at me, raising an eyebrow. "If you're talking about when Kyler came over to your table yesterday when I got up, don't worry about it. I mean-" I cut him off.

"I'm not like them. You know that, right?" I ask, looking away from Miguel and at the ground. "I don't bully kids like that." Miguel, seems a bit skeptical, but slightly nods along.

"Yeah." He mumbles.

"I'm being serious." I explain. "I mean, if I was lying, why would I spend so much time with you in English or why would I be doing this right now?"

"Then why are we in a janitor's closet?" Miguel asks. I look back up at him, my heart racing. "Is it because you can't be seen with me?"

"Miguel, I'm sorry." I mumble. "You don't understand, it's a lot more complicated. Think about the poems I wrote. You think I enjoy this? The way Kyler is? Or Yasmine? Do you think I like pretending to be them? The thing is, somehow, that's better then them ruining my life!" I shout. "I just wanted to apologize. I'm sorry about your friend. I'm sorry that Kyler and Brucks were making fun of his lip. Just know, you have one popular kid on your side, rooting for you to get through this." I let out a sigh, but before Miguel can respond  or give a reaction, I leave the janitors closet, silently hoping Miguel doesn't hate me. I want one normal friend, and I don't want to lose him.