••••《 4 - Quiver 》

Ember Keene Episode Four - This takes place season 1, episode 6

Characters in scenes (in order of appearance): Cruz, Trey, Ember, Robby, Amanda, Daniel

▪︎

☆ Scene One - Trey and Cruz come over: ☆

"Ayo! Robby! Come answer the door!" One of Robby's friends begins banging on the door. I'm going to guess it's Cruz from the nasally, annoying voice. I take my laptop off of my lap and pull myself up off of the couch, rolling my eyes. I hate Robby's friends. They're terribly people. After a bit more knocking and a few grumbles and groans from me, I unlock the door. Suddenly, Trey and Cruz, Robby's idiotic partners in crime, look down at me. They both make a bit of a face. "You ain't Robby. You're his little sis though, right? You kind of look like him, I guess..."

"Yeah." I mutter. "That's me." Trey lightly pushes Cruz out of the way and gets closer to me.

"Hey, where's Robby?" Trey asks. "We need that boy!" Trey raises an eyebrow as Cruz tries to look cool and nods along.

"Robby isn't home." I explain, trying to seem cool and stern - not my normal way of living.

"Well where the hell is he!?" Cruz pushes himself back in front of Trey. "Man's is never busy!" Cruz let's out a chuckle as Trey agrees with him.

"He has a job." I can't help but make a frustrated face at the two of them. They just look back at me confused.

"You serious?" Trey asks. I nod. "God, what a lame-o!"

"He's doing it to get revenge on his dad or something." I try to make Robby sound cool by saying that when in reality I want to say something along the lines of, 'He's finally cleaning himself up and getting out of your toxic friend group - now leave my house ass-hats!'

Before I can say anything else, Robby suddenly pops in between Cruz and Trey. He looks at them confused, pushing past them and into the house. Then he looks at me, a smile on his face as he walks past me. I quickly forget about Trey and Cruz and turn my attention towards Robby.

"How was your first day!?" I ask with excitement.

"Interesting." Is his response. Before he can elaborate, Cruz butts in.

"Hey! Robby, we need to talk, come here!" Cruz shouts out, Robby looks at them, then back to me.

"I'll be right back. We can talk more later." With a smile, Robby runs off into the hall with his stupid friends. They shut the door behind them so I can't hear.

▪︎

☆ Scene Two - Going to Robby's Work: ☆

With a hat on my head and most of my body covered, I walk down the street. I have to keep my skin covered because it's so sensitive to light. I'm so weak. Sickly. You know, I didn't have to be this way. This is actually my mom's fault. When I was little, when I was really sick, she kept me inside all the time. She babied me and kept me sheltered. I was basically hidden away which didn't help my problems, it worsened them. I want that to change though. I want to be stronger. I want the medications to go away. I want to have a full stomach. I don't want to be the runt of the pack.

I brush the thoughts out of my head as I walk past a large sign that says, 'LaRusso Auto Group.' I can't help but crack a grin at the thought of Robby working. I thought it'd be nice if I made him lunch, so I got up and made him one. I can't drive, so I have to walk to give it to him. I walk past the cars lining up across the lot, looking at each of them intensely. People around me are with their loved one's looking at cars, and workers tour them around.