••••《 4 - Counterbalance 》

Robin LaRusso Episode Four - This takes place in season one, episode five.

Characters in scenes (in order of appearance): Sam, Amanda, Robin, Aisha, Yasmine, Moon, Kyler, Brucks, Miguel, Robby

☆ Scene One – At the buffet: ☆

"Yasmine and Moon, they haven't been returning my calls." I hear Sam sigh and explain to my mom as I begin piling food onto my plate. "We were supposed to go to a concert, but then I saw this." Sam pulls out her phone and quickly shows a video to mom of Yasmine and Moon at a concert dancing around in the strobing lights.

"Well, maybe it's better you're here!" Our mom smiles. "You know, we're always happy to have you." Sam grins back until our mom suddenly spots Anthony doing something stupid and bothersome. She raises her voice to a slight yell and goes over to him. I walk over to Sam as our mom disappears. She places clams onto her plate.

"Hey, I couldn't help but overhear your conversation with mom. Are they ignoring you now?" I ask.

"I think so. I'm going to try and talk to them in person though to really understand what's going on." Sam tells me.

"Okay, well keep my updated. I just worry they'll do something." I mutter. Sam gives me a quick eye roll and a playful smile.

"They won't do anything. They're my friends!" Sam says, as I try to hold back a laugh. I mean, is she serious? Yasmine and Moon only care about themselves. The two of us begin heading over to the kids table with Anthony. "But, let's not make them the topic of conversation right now. I was actually wondering, how's Aisha?"

"She's been stressed and annoyed with everyone at school." I explain, suddenly feeling my face sadden. I honestly feel terrible for Aisha. She doesn't deserve this. A thought suddenly pops into my head. "Oh, but I think she mentioned she was going to go to some karate dojo to help with her problems? Cobra..." I let out a pause and think. "It's Cobra 'something,' but I can't remember what comes after it." She hadn't told me much about it, but seemed pretty excited in finding a way to take care of herself! I seriously only want the best for her. 

"Well, good for her. I also need to talk to her at some point." Sam sighs and then begins eating her food, as do I.

▪︎

Scene Two – Sam tells Robin what Kyler said: ☆

"Shit, shit, shit!" I hear Sam exclaim as she walks past my room. I get up off of my bed and go over to her.

"What's up?" I ask, full of confusion, as I poke my head out of my door. Sam turns to me. "You good?"

"No, not really." Sam says, full of frustration. There's a pause as she walks towards me. "I just went to talk to Yasmine and Moon." She grumbles. I step out of my doorway and into the hall with anticipation.

"And?" I question.

"Kyler's spreading a rumor about me." There's a moment of silence as I grow eager, yet fearful, of what might have happened. "He said that..." She pauses thinking about how she wants to word this. "He said I gave him a blow-job at the movie theaters." Sam finally tells me. I feel my jaw instantly drop.

"He did what!?" I shout. "Oh my God! That's so messed up!" Sam nods in agreement, hanging her head in shame. "Hey..." I mutter walking closer to her. "It's going to be okay, Sam." I hug her lightly. It's awkward since, again, we don't really hug, but I know she needs comfort. "I won't let him get to you. You're better then him." I try to explain to her.

▪︎

☆ Scene Three – In the cafeteria: ☆

Aisha and I sit quietly at our lunch table eating. I watch as Sam enters the cafeteria. She shyly walks over to Yasmine and Moon's table, but before she can even get close, Yasmine puts her purse on Sam's usual seat. Without hesitation, Sam turns around and heads over to our table. Aisha sees her and stops her.

"No, no way! You can't just come crawling back now!" Aisha exclaims.

"Come on, I need a place to sit." Sam sighs. Aisha shakes her head no. Sam looks at me and then begins to walk away, but before she can, I grab her wrist and turn to Aisha.

"Please, Aisha? She doesn't have to talk to you, but she needs somewhere to sit." I beg. "I know, she hurt your feelings, she's hurt mine too, but she's my sister." Aisha looks at me, then Sam, and then back to me. With an annoyed sigh, Aisha agrees. I let go of Sam's wrist as she sits down and thanks us.

"How nice!" Someone exclaims from behind Sam and I. I feel a hand on my shoulder. Sam and I look back to see Kyler. "Sam's little sister's given her a place to sit now that no one like's Sammy." Kyler looks down at Sam. "Did you tell your sister about how much fun you had at the movie theaters?" I begin shaking my head, as Sam stands up in front of Kyler, her hands balled up into fists.

"You know, it's not okay to spread rumors that aren't true." Sam grumbles.

"I'm not spreading rumors, I was just telling everyone about how good the movie that we saw was..." Kyler pauses for a moment. "Well, maybe I saw a bit more of the movie rather than you."

"Like hell!" I stand up. "As if she would ever suck your dick! I think you do more of the dick-suckint-"

"Oh, like your dad sucks dick?" Kyler says, getting in my face. "I mean, that huge ass build-board of your dad makes me believe it runs in the family." Kyler turns out to everyone else in the lunch room. "You all hear that? It runs in the family! It's not just Sam and her dad, it's this lame-ass too!"

"Kyler, stop!" Sam says, pushing Kyler away from me. He turns towards Sam, laughing.

"You really want to go?" Kyler exclaims, but he's quickly stopped before he can do anything else.

"Hey, Kyler! Why don't you shut the hell up and stop being such an asshole?" Some kid shouts. Sam and I turn towards him.

"You want another beatdown, 'Rhea?" Kyler laughs, pushing the boy. "I'm ready for your lame-ass karate this time!" He pushes the boy again.

"It's not lame-ass karate." Kyler goes to punch the boy, but the boy grabs Kyler. "It's Cobra Kai." Suddenly, Kyler is punched right in the face. A fight breaks loose between the two, as I grab Sam and pull her back, away from the chaos. Kyler puts the boy in a choke hold before the boy elbows Kyler in the stomach and turns to kick him.

"No mercy!" Aisha yells as the one boy begins taking on all of Kyler's friends at once. Kick after kick, punch after punch, I watch in astonishment. After jumping off Brucks, running onto the table with a lunch tray, and hitting Kyler in the face, the crowd goes wild. I stand, mouth open and eyebrows raised. Sam stands, smiling at the boy and he smiles back, until he's pulled down off the table.

▪︎

☆ Scene Four – Robin meets Robby: ☆

I open the door to my mom's office. Looking down at my phone, I enter quietly. Once I get in, my eyes flick up in shock. I didn't realize someone was doing an interview with my mom. My mom's eyes are locked on me. She looks confused and a bit frustrated.

"Oh!" I exclaim, causing the person my mom's interviewing to turn his head and look at me. "I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to interrupt anything! I can go right-" My mom suddenly cuts me off.

"It's fine, I could actually use you right now." My mom explains. I nod and she begins to continue. "This is Robby, he's our new employee." I turn my attention towards Robby, instantly making eye contact as I do. He smiles at me and gives me a slight wave. "Can you show him around a bit. I have so much paperwork to do and your dad's out right now. You know where everything is, so you think you're up to it?" I give Robby another glance as I turn back to my mom.

"Yeah, I can show him around a bit." I tell my mom as Robby begins to get up from his chair. "Uh, this way please." I smile as I open the door for Robby. He thanks me and then leaves my mom's office.

"Thank you, Robin." My mom says, as I shut her office door. I turn and suddenly find myself facing Robby, he has a smirk on his face.

"Okay, so I guess I get to show you around." I smile back and Robby nods. I put my hand out for him to shake. "By the way, I'm Robin LaRusso. Daughter of the Daniel LaRusso." Robin places his hand lightly into mine.

"Robby Keene." He tells me as he firmly shakes my hand. We awkwardly shake hands for another moment before finally letting go, and at that I start my tour of the LaRusso dealership.