7. Legilimens

The party is in a couple hours, and I really can't wait to see everyone from school. Draco and I spent the entire day yesterday making sure everything would be perfect for today. He had his elves set up a bar inside and out full of different alcohols and mixers, as well as prepare some snacks to keep everyone fed throughout the night. The furniture on the entire first floor was moved out of the way so there would be room for everyone to dance and do whatever. The room with the piano was locked with a spell so no one got any ideas of terrorizing the beautiful piano the Malfoy's owned. I spent a few hours devising a long playlist full of music to keep the mood, while Draco revised it and added music he enjoyed as well. Surprisingly, Draco enjoys muggle music just as much as I do, and the majority of the songs on the playlist were by muggles.

Draco and I are now chilling in my room while I look for something to wear for tonight. I'm sure we'll be swimming in the lake for a bit, so I slipped on my bikini underneath a form-fitting black dress, but when the night comes I'll be changing into something different, as I don't want to walk around in a soggy bathing suit all night.

"Blaise said he'll be bringing someone new to the party and he is apparently attending Hogwarts at the start of the new term," Draco said casually as his head hung off of the edge of my bed while the rest of his body supported him.

"Oh, I wonder if he's cute," I teased Draco while I made my way to my bed after finishing getting ready.

Draco rolled his eyes and picked himself up so he was now upright and facing me.

"Whatever," he pouted before his entire demeanor changed, "Oh, Y/N! I forgot to ask you this when you first came here, but how are you occlumency skills?"

"My occlumency skills?" I asked, confused as to why he wanted to know, "They're not great, to be honest. Why?"

"Just cause my father is a Legilimens, and he likes to use it on new people to make sure they can be trusted, but I guess you're in the clear since he doesn't seem to hate you at all," Draco shrugged as if the fact that his father could read minds wasn't a big deal.

"He does what?!" I asked in complete shock.

In an instant, I felt all of the color flush from my face and I felt as if I was going to be sick. Does this mean he can hear all of the things I've thought about him? Does he know that I've been lusting after him since the second I met him. Embarrassment is a complete understatement for what I was feeling at the moment. All of his weird comments made so much more sense now, and I feel so stupid for not coming to the realization that he was in my fucking mind this whole time. I wonder how often he uses legilimens on me, but now I kind of want to provoke him internally with thoughts and see how he reacts. Seeing as he would probably never flat out say he's been reading my mind, I want to pry it from him. If he's allowed to enter my mind without my permission, I might as well take advantage of it and torcher him.

"I thought that was just common knowledge, Y/N," Draco laughed as he got up from my bed, "anyway, let's go eat. We're having dinner early tonight since everyone will be here soon."

I got up and followed Draco to the dining room to find Narcissa and Lucius waiting for us to sit before they began eating.

"So everyone will be here in about an hour, so we need to eat and get our mess cleaned up before then," Draco instructed as if he were on a mission.

"Good evening to you too Draco," Lucius said sarcastically before taking a bite of his food.

"You guys better be careful if you're going to be drinking and swimming in the lake. Our family doesn't need any lawsuits filed by the parents of someone who drowned because they couldn't stay sober enough to swim right" Narcissa firmly spoke.