41. Suspension

The next few days were spent with me deeply contemplating everything Tom told me. The sick feeling I've had since I was informed has not gone away much, though I've grown to be used to it. Draco hasn't asked about my interaction with Tom since the day Tom confessed everything, which I am lucky for. Tomorrow is Monday, yet I just can't get into the school spirit. My mind has been racing with anxious thoughts, and finding a way to distract myself has been hard.

Luckily for me, Fred and George are quite the troublemakers and have noticed my unusually solemn mood.

"Y/N, you really need to cheer up," Fred causally spoke as I walked the halls with him and George.

"Really, mate. Your depressing mood is making me depressed," George added on, making me roll my eyes and sigh.

"Forgive me for not being fun all the time," I sarcastically defended as the three of us made it to the Gryffindor common room.

"I think I know what might cheer you up," Fred vaguely suggested before announcing the password to the Fat Lady.

"Whatever it is can't be good," I chuckled, already knowing the things these boys are capable of.

"Come on, Y/N, lighten up a bit," George spoke for his brother.

"What do you say the three of us sneak out at around midnight? We'll bring our brooms, a bottle of firewhiskey, and we can ride around the Quidditch pitch," Fred suggested in a cheeky tone as George agreed.

"And risk getting in serious trouble?" I responded as the three of us made it fully into the common room.

"That's the fun part, Y/N," George winked while simultaneously elbowing my arm.

"Yeah, I guess that sounds fun," I caved, "Let's do it."

"What sounds fun? What are you guys doing?" Ron interrupted our conversation as he overheard us.

"The three of us are sneaking out later tonight to ride around the Quidditch pitch," Fred cooly informed his younger brother while resting his arm on my shoulder as if I was his armrest.

"That sounds fun, I want in," Ron's face lit up.

"Absolutely not, Ronald. Do you know how much trouble you could get in?" Hermione interjected as she eavesdropped.

Ron sighed and rolled his eyes without her seeing.

"Just—count me in, alright," he whispered to the three of us before beginning to leave, "Oh, and Harry."

Fred, George and I quietly laughed together as we continued to plan for the night.

"I think I'm going to invite Draco and Blaise as well," I told them, causing the both of them to loudly sigh.

"He's such a buzzkill, Y/N," George groaned.

"I think it'd be a great opportunity to get some actual Quidditch practice in, though," Fred went against his brother's opinion, "Me, George, Ron and Harry against you, Draco, Blaise and Theo," he excitedly suggested, "It'll be a drunken, fun Quidditch match."

"Alright, alright, I actually like the sound of that," George finally agreed.

"Perfect, I'll go let Draco and the rest of them know and we can all meet near the Great Hall later tonight," I smiled excitedly, already having my mind nearly off of the Narcissa situation.

"See if any of them have extra alcohol, because the one bottle of firewhiskey I have will not be enough for all of us," Fred instructed.

"Yeah, definitely," I nodded as I readied myself to leave and head for the Slytherin common room, "I'll see you guys at midnight."