33. The Other Malfoy

Draco got finished helping Lucius with his work assignment a little while after Narcissa and I came back in, and all I could think about was her. I don't know exactly how to feel about it, but all I know is that something inside of me has been ignited. Not necessarily deep feelings, but more like infatuation. Curiosity. If keeping Lucius and I a secret was hard, things just got ten times worse. The fact that I've snogged every Malfoy doesn't really sit right with me, but at the same time, it's quite the accomplishment. It's not my fault they're all attractive.

"I've talked to my father about the New Year's party," Draco announced as he made himself comfortable in my room while I practiced transfigurations, "He said he doesn't care as long as we're a little more selective about who's invited."

"More selective?" I asked, already guessing what he meant.

"He wasn't a big fan of the Weasley's being here last time. Or Hermione," Draco explained casually as his head hung off of the bed upside down.

"Of course," my tone was annoyed and I rolled my eyes, irritated that he's so stuck up towards the Weasley family.

"I was kind of hoping it would be a smaller party anyway. Everyone third year and up from Slytherin is alright. Maybe a few Ravenclaws and Hufflepuffs, but I don't want any Gryffindors anywhere near us," he spoke casually, fidgeting with his fingers and watching my attempts at transfiguring a book into a cat.

"That's your idea of small? Draco, that's still a couple hundred students, and Gryffindors are always the life of the party. You need to let go of that stupid prejudice you have against them," I shook my head, not really surprised at his house exclusion.

"Well, you're lucky I didn't decide on just making it a Slytherin party. Plus, the only people you're actually friends with in Gryffindor are the Weaslebees and Granger. Potter will never come anywhere close to my house," his cocky tone was beginning to irritate me.

"Whatever Draco, you're a real dick sometimes," I huffed, not even bothering to argue because he and I never get anywhere.

"You like this dick, though," he smirked as he sat up straight, still facing me.

I scoffed and threw the book I was working on at him, hitting him in the chest and eliciting a gasp from him.

"Shut up, Draco. You're really getting on my nerves," I was half joking, not a huge fan of his discrimination of other wizards.

"Wanna go broom riding? I'm bored," he completely ignored my statement, rising from my bed and putting the book I threw at him on my nightstand.

"That actually sounds nice," I agreed, wanting to pass the time and hoping to clear my mind from the fact that I kissed his mother not too long ago.

"Okay, I'm going to get some warmer clothes on and meet you downstairs," he announced before leaving my room and shutting my door behind me.

I threw on my coat and some mittens, exiting my room to go meet Draco downstairs. As I made my way down the steps, the sound of the piano rang through the walls, filling the house with a dark, melancholy energy. It sounded the way isolation felt, behind a seemingly peaceful mask is a heavy and often terrifying core. It reminded me of being stranded in the middle of no where during a blizzard. Or like a widowed wife watching two youngsters play romantically from the window of her old, creaky house.

Reaching the ground floor, I saw that it was Lucius playing. I stayed silent so as to not be heard as I awaited Draco's arrival. Luckily, he got downstairs before Lucius stopped playing, allowing us to leave without being seen by him. He had the two brooms in hand, giving me one of them as we paced away from the main door of the Manor.