11. Kiss and Make Up

Sleep never found its way to me last night, seeing as all I could think about was the fact that Lucius and Narcissa are doing God knows what together. I know it's completely irrational for me to feel so jealous over this situation, but I just couldn't help it. Narcissa has been purposely getting under my skin, and it's pissing me off, but it's really not something I can talk to Lucius about. He'd take her side without a doubt considering she's his wife and they share a kid together.

Narcissa seemed a lot happier at breakfast this morning, and her malicious energy didn't seem as intense, which is one of the only good things that came out of it. Lucius, on the other hand, seemed pretty pissy. He didn't even try to conceal his bad mood this morning, and ended up exploding verbally at the house elf trying to serve him. I said nothing and refused to even look in his direction, scared of being his next target of anger. Draco seemed tense at his father's behavior and did the same as me, stayed silent and minded his own business. I can't lie to myself, though.

Lucius is hot as fuck when he's angry.

"Y/N, Can I have a word with you?" Lucius spoke as he came into Draco's room unannounced.

Draco and I spent the day listening to music and dancing around his bedroom like fools, trying to avoid any confrontation with the angry Lucius. It seemed to have been working until just now.

My stomach dropped and Draco's smile quickly turned to a frown.

"Yes, Mr. Malfoy. Is everything alright?" I asked nervously, standing beside Draco who's hand still rested on my waist from dancing together.

"Follow me to my study," he avoided my question and left the room, not even waiting for me to catch up to him.

I quickly began following behind him, keeping a fair distance between us. Soon enough, he had disappeared into his study while I was still pretty far behind him. As I made it, I noticed the room was very neat and organized. Lucius sat in a black leather chair behind the desk as he patiently awaited me.

"Take a seat," he spoke dryly and motioned to the chair on the opposite side of the desk.

I did as he told and anxiously waited for him to begin speaking.

"What's wrong, sir?" I asked as I fidgeted with my fingers.

Silence fell between us as he studied me.

"I've noticed that my wife is pretty jealous of you," he finally spoke, his face resting in a manner that I couldn't read, "She's been giving you a hard time, hm?"

"A little, yes," I spoke quietly, "How did you know, sir?"

"After being married to someone for so long, you pick up on their habits and patterns, Y/N," he began, his tone still being dry but serious, "With that being said, we have to stop going after each other," his words felt like dull knives piercing through my heart. I had a feeling that something like this would happen between him and me eventually, but not this soon.

I said nothing, just sat there confused and upset. His face gave away no emotion.

"Your provocative little behaviors need to stop. It's tearing my marriage apart." his jaw clenched and a flash of an emotion I couldn't yet decipher made itself apparent in his eyes for a split second.

I grew angry at his words. My provocative behaviors.  As if I'm the one at fault for their crumbling marriage. I swear, him and Narcissa would blame anyone and anything but themselves for their lack of love for each other.

"Are you serious?" I said in disbelief, "Wasn't your marriage being held together by a thread before you even met me?" my tone grew harsher and voice became louder with every sentence, "How dare you blame me for something that happened before I even existed to you. As if you're not the one who couldn't keep their hands off of me!" my throat prickled with anger as I rose from my seat and stood furious  before him, "We both know you wouldn't be saying these things if Narcissa hadn't talked to you about whatever the fuck last night," my nostrils flared and eyes became dead-set on him as the nervousness he usually gave me was replaced with hurt and betrayal.